Electric Windows Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Windows Broke

My windows have stopped working, it's really annoying as i only relised when i lit up a Ciggarette and had to use the sunroof!
    It's funny cause they stopped before then worked ok after 20min, now they dont work at all and the buttons dont light up either now, this is both the windows no mater which buttons, real PITA as i have a big trip to scotland next week
    Any BTDT?

Just an after thought to the last post
    but just thinking out loud, but i would have thought that the Sunroof and Windows were part of the same unit?
    Could it be an earth? Or are the relays tucked away some where inaccesable as usual?

Mike

Comment

Its the larger relay on the right under the glovebox. Look in the relevant threads for the part no. If you take it apart you will likely find a broken solder join. James.

Comment

Any one have the electrical esquematic drawing from the electrical windows???
        With one touch to put down the left window?
        Rafael Pinto
        Audi S2 1994/1995 Avant - Black
        Audi RS2 1994/1995 - Black

Comment

Couldnt find it under the glove box, do you mean under the steering wheel?, i need to fix it tommorow or tonight as i'm driving to Perthshire on Wed, and i'm fed up of haveing to smoke out the sunroof and it's just irritating......
          Anyone please help......I'm no too good and finding stuff under a million wires!
          Could any one send me the electrial diagrams?
          Cheers Mike (desperate....for help )

Comment

Originally posted by Greenm3
            Couldnt find it under the glove box, do you mean under the steering wheel?, i need to fix it tommorow or tonight as i'm driving to Perthshire on Wed, and i'm fed up of haveing to smoke out the sunroof and it's just irritating......
            Anyone please help......I'm no too good and finding stuff under a million wires!
            Could any one send me the electrial diagrams?
            Cheers Mike (desperate....for help )
            The relays are under the steering wheel, you'll see them when you remove the plastic cover.

Comment

Did you find these when you were trying to hot wire someone elses car
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                Did you find these when you were trying to hot wire someone elses car
                I wasnt going to agree with Doug on the fuel pump wiring thread but now i've changed my mind

Comment

Lmao
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by Greenm3
                    My windows have stopped working, it's really annoying as i only relised when i lit up a Ciggarette and had to use the sunroof!
                    It's funny cause they stopped before then worked ok after 20min, now they dont work at all and the buttons dont light up either now, this is both the windows no mater which buttons, real PITA as i have a big trip to scotland next week
                    Any BTDT?
                    Hi there,

ever found the cause of the window problem??
                    I have exactly the same, 2 minutes after starting the car the windows won't operate (lights out and everything) after 15 to 20 min power returns and the windows operate as normal.

Thanks
                    Carlo
                    No power, no glory!
                    S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Yep it's the relay, wouldnt leave it too long to fix as it starts to get a mind of it's own going up and down as and when it wants!
                      The relay is ok to find but it does have a catch on top to undo which is a bit of a pain, i used brut ignorance to get it out, also helps if you remove the relays underneath it.
                      HTH
                      Mike
                      Ps, the relay from the stealers set me back IIRC about £115 +vat

Comment

THX,
                        I am having it replaced today while the car is serviced!

Regards
                        No power, no glory!
                        S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

eletric windows wont work

had exactly the same problem on my 91 80 sports edition!!! anyone know how to fix that one as the havent worked for months now and it is really startin to annoy me? also i have the original speedline studded alloys on it and would consider a straight swop for a set of 5 spokes with good tyres.they need a refurb desperately but i have all 5 all with good tyres.they are 4 studs to fix to car! they wouls be good to anyone looking for original parts.any one interested?? let me know
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X