Kufatec Heated Seat Loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kufatec Heated Seat Loom

Now I have finally got the S2 running again, its time to get the RS2 seats working properly!

Has anyone used the Kufatec loom? Here

I have one sat in front of me, but there are no instructions. From the site, it suggests from the picture that the heavier wire goes to 30 on the aux panel, which I assume is the 12 constant feed? It suggests that the other pair of wires go to 15, what is this? Any idea where to find it?

Also, from reading Steve's thread, it seems he has two thermal fuses in his loom (genuine I guess), will I need to fit these or is 30 and 15 already fused? If I should fit them, does anyone know the part number of the black piggyback holders they are fitted in on the Aux relay panel?

Thanks
    Mike

Le Mans 2012
    Nurburgring 700
    1995 S2 Avant

From memory when i retro fitted mine, on the OE loom there is only 2 connections, a 30a feed from the fuse board and an earth to the chassis by the bonnet pull. Then you have 2 relays and 2 switches or on the later ones i think the relay is built into the switch.

HTH
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      From memory when i retro fitted mine, on the OE loom there is only 2 connections, a 30a feed from the fuse board and an earth to the chassis by the bonnet pull. Then you have 2 relays and 2 switches or on the later ones i think the relay is built into the switch.

HTH
      This.

There were no other connections on my OEM loom, but I had to splice into an existing connection on the base of the fuse box as I had no live 12v spades left on it.

I am not sure what "30" and "15" do on the Aux panel. Are you referring to the panel behind the shelf under the steering wheel. I always assumed this was merely a relay holder for additional relays or fuses. You will need your own relay or fuse in this won't you?

That said, as long as you have some sort of fuse on the seat loom you should be fine, it doesn't need to be thermal, although if it goes you will have to go and replace it....

I think you have already found my thread on this.

Cheers,

Steve
      Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 12 April 2012, 14:02.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I would also refer to post #12 in this thread where Paul refers to the FAB (front aux block) of relays....

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47364

cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Using Google translate, it appears that:

30 is Permanent Live 12V

15 is Ignition switched live.

(There are some German words along with the numbers in the link at the top)

#30 was mentioned in your thread Steve, I think it was mentioned as the common live for all relays or something... So I shall find something similar and stick a fuse in. Then look for a ignition switched live (presumably for the lights in the switches) and pop an earth on.

I just wandered if the 30 that supplies all the relays was already fused, or if the newer style switches themselves were fused - or at least had thermal overload protection.

Le Mans 2012
          Nurburgring 700
          1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by madpugger View Post
            Using Google translate, it appears that:

30 is Permanent Live 12V

15 is Ignition switched live.

(There are some German words along with the numbers in the link at the top)

#30 was mentioned in your thread Steve, I think it was mentioned as the common live for all relays or something... So I shall find something similar and stick a fuse in. Then look for a ignition switched live (presumably for the lights in the switches) and pop an earth on.

I just wandered if the 30 that supplies all the relays was already fused, or if the newer style switches themselves were fused - or at least had thermal overload protection.
            This is the book to answer all your automotive questions. A great resource for anyone who works on motor vehicles of all types.
            http://books.sae.org/book-bosch8
            May be able to source an older edition cheaper than this one. I have a 2nd edition that has served me well. I should upgrade mine & give mine to my nephew.
            HTH, Chris
            "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Working...
            X