Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Central Locking ?

Hi Guys,
    Been struggling with stereo install and stripping out old phone system and alarm today.
    Finally got it all out cleanly, but I have lost my Central locking ?
    Also lost the One touch up on the windows ?
    Still goes down but not back up again ?

Any Ideas ?
    Cheers
    Dom

Hi Dom,

I get a problem with my central locking sometimes not working on my alarm. What cures it is if you take out the 3rd fuse in, couting from far right to left, (its a 10amp fuse) and put it back in it all works again

HTH

Cheers,

Chris
    Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

The one touch up will be a feature of the alarm you took out. In standard form you only get one touch down on the drivers side. Pre 1994 model year cars did have one touch up and down.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Yeah, the head chopping window!!! I have that, couldnt work ut why an RS2 wouldnt do that, but now i know
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

One touch up is back again
          Central locking also works today.... but only by locking with Passenger door Not with Drivers door.
          But it does lock the drivers door

I`ll have a proper look at it when Ive got more time and daylight

Comment

Originally posted by CR500Dom
            Central locking also works today.... but only by locking with Passenger door Not with Drivers door.
            But it does lock the drivers door

I`ll have a proper look at it when Ive got more time and daylight
            When I brought my car the central locking only worked on the passenger side, it was a fault in the wire between the drivers side accuator and the vacuum pump thing. I put in a new wire and it now works from the drivers side (but not the passenger side anymore )

Maybe this wire was disturbed during the alarm removal??

Comment

Originally posted by Phillio
              When I brought my car the central locking only worked on the passenger side, it was a fault in the wire between the drivers side accuator and the vacuum pump thing. I put in a new wire and it now works from the drivers side (but not the passenger side anymore )

Maybe this wire was disturbed during the alarm removal??
              Thanks I`ll check it out

Dom

Comment

BTDT, the original alarm in my car went on fire one day (long story) so i had to take it out. After that the central locking went crazy, the windows lost there one push function, and the sunroof would open all on its own.

After much searching i found the alarm had two separate boxes’ that were hidden inside the driver’s door and just above your right foot under the dash. The stock wiring loom is connected into them, and then another set of wires run to there original destinations. When I pulled them out and put everything back to stock it all worked fine.

Got a new alarm fitted and the central locking started acting up again. Sensor on driver’s door did nothing, but passenger door did work and the central locking would then lock both doors. Week later it all died and I had nothing.

If you disconnect the battery for a while it seems to reset the central locking and it would all work perfectly for another week or so. Then it repeats the process above and you have to pull the battery again. PITA.

In the end I’ve disconnected the alarm from the windows and central locking as it just doesn’t work. The central locking is strange in the way it works so I can’t figure out how to wire an alarm into it properly. It’s almost like the central locking looks for a complete circuit to engage and the alarm just gives out power for a second or two. Not really the same thing.

Hopefully somebody here can better explain how it works and how to wire an alarm into it successfully?

Originally posted by CR500Dom
                But it does lock the driver’s door

I’ll have a proper look at it when I’ve got more time and daylight
                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
                X