Electrical Schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Schematics

I'm trying to make sense of the spaghetti under the dash.

I've checked s2central.net, don't want to spend $150 on Audi Manuals and am wondering if these manuals are any good?

Anyone help out on figuring out some of the mess behind the dash?

Cheers.
    00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
    08 RRS TDV6 HSE
    03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

There are some diagrams in the back of the Haynes manual, but having had to rewire the central locking it is not all that useful as there are about 2 billion wires (approx.) under the dash. it has the colours of the wires and which fuse they go to, mainly for the lighting bits.

someone on here will prob be able to help depending on what you are trying to do.

Comment

If you want a good joke book, i can highly recommend the Haynes.
      I’ve also got the Bentley as well. Useful, but for the S2 you’re better of asking here.
      SS

Comment

To be fair the Haynes 80/90/Coupe manual has *some* useful stuff in terms of interior trim and some of the brake sections are in common with the S2, but the Haynes is indeed a joke book when it comes to the electrics - so are the Bentleys in terms of anything related to the engine.

Schematics on ERWIN are the only thing worth using for the S2 wiring system... And they are a nightmare - four binders are required to cover all flavours of S2... I have two of them and am pretty certain the other two are NLA in English. Drat.........

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

ERWIN ??????? I'm old(?) volvoman.all the eletric things in a volvo DOES work,with 1/3 of the wires,i am sure of that. but why does audi/vw have ALL the madnes wiring in the car???? and the relay and swithes are some crap!!!!!!!!! volvo have some prob too,but NOT like this.there are not many audicars (vw too) witch have the same wiring,i,ve tryed some.

Comment

Originally posted by SR71
            Anyone help out on figuring out some of the mess behind the dash?
            Kinda related question here: centre console - as soon as you turn the key, some of the buttons light up (e.g. warning blinkers, etc). There must be a switched power feed to do this somewhere that is not reliant on the headlamp circuit (a la the gauges). Any body know which wire(s) are responsible for this button backlighting?

Boost gauge time - need a switched backlight feed that's tied to the ignition rather than the headlamp circuit.

Cheers,

Ck.
            Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Working...
            X