Best HiD recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best HiD recommendation

Looking to fit HiD's to my dip beams on my RS2, can anyone recommend a good kit and also what strength would be the best 6000 k

Thanks

W
    RS 2 580HP

i have got 6000C temp. and i think it is the best option.if you will go for higher temp.the light will be very blue.not idea for long driving in night.

Comment

Originally posted by piotr View Post
      i have got 6000C temp. and i think it is the best option.if you will go for higher temp.the light will be very blue.not idea for long driving in night.
      Ok thanks, heard 6k are the best think I give them ago
      RS 2 580HP

Comment

not to hijack your post, but what about high beam bulb type, to accompany/color match a 6k HID low beam?

Comment

6k are blue, 5k are the closest to pure white, and 4300k are the most natural light with a slight yellow tinge. 6k are by the far the most common sold, you have to go searching for the others.
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I'd go for 4k3 or 6k. I have 6k 55W in mine, the make I cannot remember sorry, but they are BLOODY good. The downside is the super-slow start they have confuses the bulb check.

Le Mans 2012
            Nurburgring 700
            1995 S2 Avant

Comment

I shall be investing in a set of these too in a month or so's time, I've heard the results are outstanding compared to the pi$$ poor standard jobbies !

I have been advised to swop the sidelights for LED ones too, any info on these ?
              (sorry for the hijack )
              For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

I am doing a bit of a lighting refit so any input is welcome
                RS 2 580HP

Comment

6k is best option.I have on all my cars.

Comment

Hid

Interested in this thread.......I had 6K H1 on dipped only and they were great ......until one of the ballasts decided it did not want to enlighten the world any more They were chinese ones and not that costly so hey! They were slightly at the blue end of the spectrum but not overly so......would definitely go with 6K again. Yes they do trip the Autocheck

I then thought do I get a replacement ballast? Then what if the other one goes?

I think i will go for a new set up completely. There are lots on eBay and elsewhere. Then i saw these

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalo...ts.html#aHIDH1

for a 150 notes......what does anyone reckon?
                    2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                    1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

High Beam

Originally posted by Tzummie View Post
                      not to hijack your post, but what about high beam bulb type, to accompany/color match a 6k HID low beam?
                      I don't use HID on high beam due to the time it takes to warm up and the extra cost......i just use the Philips 90% plus intensity bulbs which together with the low beam HID are fine.

JB
                      2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                      1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by John B View Post
                        Interested in this thread.......I had 6K H1 on dipped only and they were great ......until one of the ballasts decided it did not want to enlighten the world any more They were chinese ones and not that costly so hey! They were slightly at the blue end of the spectrum but not overly so......would definitely go with 6K again. Yes they do trip the Autocheck

I then thought do I get a replacement ballast? Then what if the other one goes?

I think i will go for a new set up completely. There are lots on eBay and elsewhere. Then i saw these

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalo...ts.html#aHIDH1

for a 150 notes......what does anyone reckon?
                        I'd say they are unlikely to be any different to the ones you can buy on ebay for £35, and Porscheshop have a shocking reputation for customer service.

Just buy 2 sets of ebay ones and have a spare ready and waiting. I've had HID's for a 2-3years now and only had 1 ballast fail.
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Hi,

I had HID on my S2 and it gave great light, 4300k, but than a friend eng. that works at Audi convinced me to take it out on the risk of the ballast catching fire and burning the car up.

I got back to oem lights and although I miss the ilumination from HID I would hate to have a fire in the engine compartment.

Comment

I've had 3-4 cheap Chinese sets over the years and the best of them was the small slim line ballast versions. Seems counter intuitive but they have lasted longer than the big metal box variety, and they work fine with the autocheck system. If anything i have had more issues with the bulbs that come with them flickering or being put together crooked. Replacement bulbs are cheap though.
                            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

where is everyone placing the ballast behind the headlights? Am having a hard time finding the right spot for it in my RS2 front/engine bay..

thnx.

Comment

Working...
                              X