Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Bulb Confusion, Help...

Cheers,
    Iv been trying to figure out what type of light bulbs my car uses, I have looked around on the forum but it only confused me even more.There are some cars that have a different head light "ellipsoids", Which i don't know if mine has....

Im looking to get a white non Xenon bulb, That has a proper light output. The lights i have on the car at the moment are terrible, They are horrid they are imitation Xenon's i have seen torches that have a better light output... When i bought the car it already had these bulbs fitted.

My car is a 1995 model year B4 S2 Saloon, I believe it is a German spec model bc it has the active rear speakers and came stock with the Audi Gamma stereo.

Can someone please clarify what are the bulbs
    Low Beam
    High Beam
    Fog Light
    Side light
    Interior lighting bulbs
    Numberplate Lights

There are two different headlights on the S2, with and without the projector lens. 3B coupes, and early ABY Avants had the non projectors, all later cars had the projectors. Your profile pic has the projector version.

Low Beam and High beam are both H1 bulbs. The low beam is the projector lens, and the high beam is the inner lens on each side.
    Side light's are 5w wedge fit bulb.
    Fog lights are H3.
    Numberplate lights are 5w wedge on a coupe, honestly dont know what an 80 saloon has but its more than likely the same.
    Interior light, again not sure, think they are the usual 10w dome light bulbs. The ones that look like a fuse.

If you want to see where your going fit a HID kit into the projectors replacing the low beam. For the high beam just fit good quality H1 bulbs. Sidelights dosent really matter but i usually fit white LED's so they blend in better with the HID.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thank you so much, I urgently need new bulbs

Comment

Number plate, as well as interior grab handles and non-airbag dashboard glove compartment has BA9S bulbs.

Front interior light, trunk light and airbag dashboard glove compartment has SV8,5 bulbs

Not sure about about bulb lenghts, but they are different. I can check them tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks man, But i dont know if my car has a passenger air bag, It dosent say Airbag on the carbon trim over the glove compartment... it dose have a Driver air bag tho.

Comment

Now that i think about it the coupe number plate lights are those bulbs too, not the wedge fit.
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

from the owners manual....

http://s2-audi.co.uk/audi_docs/owner.../diy/bulbs.htm
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

This is non-airbag dash

This one has passenger air-bag

Comment