Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El. windows do not lock!

Hello guys! I have a dangerous problem!

My electric windows do not lock when remove the ignition key and close the door. I think you know what i mean. I have recently removed the dashbord and it is possible that i forgot to reconnect some wires?

I hope no local thief is reading this...
    Audi Quattro WR

I`m sad.
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

its not working at all? even if the engine key in the second position? did you check if you have some fuse burned? i will check under my dashbord how the electrical windows cable goes.. and tell u the answer will be in evening cause i will remove this plastic up to the pedals... i have problem in driver windows that it wont close automaticly or opens.. i will check it now and tell u i hope i can found somthing for u.

Comment

Do you mean the windows still work when the keys are taken out? or that they won't close?

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

The el. windows work well, but the power to the windows doesent get cut out after closing the drivers door.
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

So you can still open and close them after you've locked the car? If so then it will either be the window control unit or a wiring fault.

When I bought my Avant the windows had been wired to work all the time. The control unit was dead so the bodger had fed terminal 30 (12v battery positive) to the window motors.

If the relay inside the control unit is stuck in the live position this will feed the windows all the time. Check to make sure all the wiring is in place.

Heres the current flow diagram for the control unit:

I've just spotted on this diagram the explanation of how they removed one touch close as well. it may be possible to get one touch up on ater cars by giving pin 4 of the relay an igntion feed.

HTH,

Ben
            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

I phoen to get a price on a new controll unit for my early 3b.
              Stealers want £126 + vat.
              I told them to put it where the sun doesnt shine. I get the old soldering iron out i think!

Comment

Working...
              X