Central locking problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking problem

I've got an odd problem with my central locking - it won't trigger from the drivers door lock. I can lock and unlock perfectly from the passenger side, so there is no vacuum leak and the pump works fine. When I turn the drivers door lock there doesn't feel like there is enough resistance.
    I took the door card off to check the linkage rods were OK and attached correctly and they look fine.

I'm guessing it is just the switch in the drivers door motor ist kaputt?
    Is there a fix for this or does it just need replacing?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Has it just stopped working or has it never locked from the drivers door?

Comment

barrel ?
      NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

My v6 will lock but not set alarm from drivers door
        Can you try swapping actuator from passenger door to see if it works on drivers side
        If it doesn't then it's more likely wires in door shut?
        If it works then it's the actuator from the drivers door
        They re pneumatic ones aren't they?
        I may have some spare but can't remember what they look like vs gt ones so a picture would help
        Is the micro switch stuck in? May change the feel when locking

Comment

There is a spring on the lock, inside of the door that may have come adrift thus lose feel. Need to know if its ever worked. Could be the micro switch. There is a cam type sprocket in the lock, if that has become out of alignment it wont activate the micro switch door wont open with the key.

Comment

Alex,
            Take a look at this thread as this could is most likely to be the cause of your problem. I had this particular problem about 3 months ago.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys. Just to clarify, the central locking has always worked fine. All the levers and linkage rods are intact and connected properly.
              All the locks work on central locking via the passenger door. The drivers door locks and unlocks on the key, but does not trigger the other doors via the central locking. So there is no issue with the physical lock or the vacuum system. It seems like there is must be switch in the drivers door that is not triggering the vacuum pump to lock all the other doors when the key is turned.
              I wondered if there is a switch inside the vacuum servo / motor in the door that has stopped working?
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Has the car been stood a while? Sometimes the central locking can get out of sync if the car hasn't been used in while.

All I did to resolve this was make sure that the latch buttons at the top of the drivers and passengers door cards are both in the up/unlock position and then lock and unlock the drivers door with the key several times to re-sync the system.

You've probably tried this already right?

Comment

micro switch on the lock or the cog on the back of the barrel. I wonder if the screw has come lose and allowed the spring to come off thus no resistance when you turn the key.

Comment

rob I tried to sequence it as you suggested but no joy. As above it all works perfectly except its not triggered from the drivers door.
                    My coupe is 1990 so there are no mircoswitches in the lock mechanism, that's why I assume it must be in the door motor/servo itself. I think the normal slight resistance you get when locking off the key is the plunger in the servo/motor activating the switch? anyhow I had another look at it this evening and I cant see what else it can be so I'm going to put up a wanted and see if a replacement fixes it.
                    For reference I think I will dissect the old one to see how they work
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Post a picture of the part and I ll have a look what I have
                      Are there any wires going to the actuator?

Comment

yes mate, its an orange vacuum diaphram with a 3 pin JPT style plug.
                        same as these I found on ebay, except mine are not blue... but I guess they work the same

Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

This is the switch that died on mine, I just replaced the whole thing as you have pictured.

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                          X