Headlight help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight help please...

Right, I have a B4 dagdag and I've purchased some cabriolet lights, thought it would be a straight swap, but apparently not...

So, how do I get these to work? Electrics aren't my strong suit...

New:

Old:

From what I can see there is only the fat connector as a straight swap, indicator on new one doesn't even appear to have a connector and the (I guess) level controller is totally different.

Thanks in advance

level controller should twist out.. indicator is in the bumper on any that have the wrap around style lights...

Comment

Yes, indicator should be along with the fogs (bumper lights - small connector in a seperate lamp), it's only sidelights which are on the headlamps (never had them out, not sure how they are supposed to connect)
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Just FYI, my experience, when I put Cabby elipsoids in my 92 V6q saloon, I found that the dip extinguished when one went to main beam.

Didn't fix it because shortly thereafter I swopped back to driving the S2, and put the V6q into storage.

No real help I know. (NRHIK).
        Last edited by macspring; 6 January 2013, 21:48.

Comment

you need to do a pin swap to get both light on with main beam
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm sure you need the plug which connects to the newer lamp with some wiring, then join the old wiring from the car once the old plug is cut off to it, I'm sure the wiring colours are the same, I've done this twice now

Comment

Thanks guys, Error404 do you know what pins new swapping? And kulster, do you know what the connector looks like or a part code?

Thanks

Comment

Pin swap to keep dip on with main on a 3B;

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5490
                Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                Julian, there is a wiring mod usually needed for the elipsoids to be used on a 3b.
                i did it a few weeks ago, i dont know how yours will have worked if it wasnt done.
                Anyway here is a pic of the multiplug off the back of the light stalk.
                You need to remove the yellow wire at the top (position 7) and put it where the green arrow is (position 8).
                If you start to prise the 2 parts of the plug apart is should just pop out, dont seperate them fully or all the wires will come out causing big problems if you dont know where they all were.

HTH

martin

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                  Pin swap to keep dip on with main on a 3B;

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5490

Andy & Martinjs,

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X