Ambient Temp Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient Temp Display

My outside temp gauge goes mad when sitting stationary. The accuracy seems fine when moving along but when you are stationary it keeps rising upto 40+ degC. Looks like the sensor needs replacing ?
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

You see that is the advantage of having it so dim (blown LED) you can barely read it. You wouldn't notice this sort of thing
    Which reminds me I have had a replacement LED to fit somewhere in the garage for the past 6 months or so - now I must get round to it some time
    Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
    Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_RS2
      My outside temp gauge goes mad when sitting stationary. The accuracy seems fine when moving along but when you are stationary it keeps rising upto 40+ degC. Looks like the sensor needs replacing ?
      When not moving with the car, your sensor may measure the engine heat . This is normal. Actually, what are you doing in your car when not moving? Molesting female citizens maybe?????
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

No nothing as sinister. Just sitting in traffic.

I don't recall my old S2 temp display going off track like that though.
        Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_RS2
          No nothing as sinister. Just sitting in traffic.

I don't recall my old S2 temp display going off track like that though.
          They all do that Pete. The sensor is under the front bumper and when stationary will pick up heat soak from engine bay. More in RS2 than S2
          Alastair
          RS2

Comment

Working...
          X