RF Keyless entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF Keyless entry?

So I'm sort of putting the cart before the horse here, but i figured i'd ask some questions. I searched a bit about keyless entry but only found info on the IR keyless entry. I'm planning on buying an S2 Avant as soon as a decent prospect pops up. In the mean time I found a set of the "sidewinder" keys from an audi 80 Cabrio (later model) since it uses the same ignition and key styles as our beloved cars. Now here is what i got:

So it came with the A4 style key and fob, i didn't get the central lock pump but it is the same style as the a4. My concern is i don't think i could just plug in an a4 pump and call it a day to get the RF locking working. I realize there are also aftermarket RF recievers i could possibly integrate (Right Click). But I really like OEM approaches so i thought i would ask if anyone has gone this route before.

Well I'm doing almost the same conversion at the moment, except I got all parts from various C4's including pump from late 97' and my main goal is to get central lock working with all of it's programmable features. After that I'll try to get remote key for it.
    Here's lot of useful info (it's in German but google translate will help) http://www.20v-sauger-tuning.de/Umba..._komplett1.pdf
    For wiring I used modified B4 loom.

Comment

well if i'm doing it into a b4 s2 avant, i should be be able to modify my stock harness is what you are saying

Comment

Yes. Two wires needs to be added (K-line for diagnostic/programming and speed signal), black connector must be replaced (at least my pump has 10 flat pins instead of 6 round ones on original pump), antenna needs to be added (it's ~1m long shielded wire integrated in loom) and pins in rest of two connectors needs to be reordered.

Comment

Working...
        X