Central locking system pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking system pump?

Hi all , just a quick post, trying to fit a VAG remote locking kit. My question where is the central locking system pump located?

Found an old thread on this but no mention of where the pump is or what it looks like.....?

Many thanks
    Rosco

In the avant it is in the offside rear compartment where the rear washer bottle is: big black boxy thing. Don't know if you have a Coupe or Avant.
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

AFAIK it's just below the rear offside rear window in the coupe.
      SS

Comment

Yep, as 4WheelDrifter says its behind the offside panel - the one with the rear speaker in it.

I've fitted this kit (one of the best mods I made!) and its really straight forward.

You need to remove the rear seat horizontal section and the side bolster. The bolt which doubles as the latch for the rear seat vertical was a ****** to remove on mine. Plus a tip from another site (which I can't find anymore) is to mark the original position of this bolt on the threads to make readjusting the whole lot easier.

The side trim panel has a screw behind the bolster and theres a couple on the B pillar. After removing these the whole thing lifts off vertically with a bit of careful persauding! The speaker wires need disconnecting and you *should* find the vacuum pump at the bottom of the body panel.

Its wrapped in sound proof material (prolly dirty and damp!) and you can clearly see the semi-white vacuum lines going to it. Follow the instructions that comes with the transmitter from then on.

I found that the aerial works just fine if left tapped against the inner body.

Its been a year since I did this so I'm a bit sketchy in parts but it should get you started...

HTH
        Boez

Comment

Working...
        X