Xenon light???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon light???

Has anyone fitted the xenon upgrade kit from VAG? Thinking about splashing out and getting one. What do you think?

Tony.
    1994 S2 Avant Red. Home Fry. 100k.

They totally transform the headlamp performance. See here. There's talk of an Xtreme HID kit coming from them soon too.
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

I've fitted the xtreme kit about 3 weeks ago now. I'm just 'running around' with the kit on to make sure there are no obvious problems. Two things are immediate; 1) S2 headlamps that work! and 2) the K pin on the warning buzzer relay, simply MUST be bent over other wise the warning buzzer will drive you mad! :-) Other than that... it's just a matter of time and testing to make sure no problems arise from their use. Prices and timings are not decided yet, will advise once I'm happy they've been in use for some time and are ok. So far, I am impressed
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Here's a few photo's for you to compare the new xtreme kits. Each photo was taken with identical camera settings.

This is high beam ONLY
        Attached Files
        Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

High beam and low beam:
          Attached Files
          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Low beam only:
            Attached Files
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

They look impressive Martyn. Looks like high beam will be redundant.
              Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

I would like to ask if anyone around here changed the lenses on Elipsoid Lamps. For example for TT or A6 ones. Any improvements ?
                Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper
                  I would like to ask if anyone around here changed the lenses on Elipsoid Lamps. For example for TT or A6 ones. Any improvements ?
                  Not yet but I was planning to. My xenon kit is from a TT. Been using it for two months or so. Impressed, but I was wondering how a bixenon would work. Apart from the higher light output of the xenon, the cleaning of the lamp assembly did good, too. The lens and reflectors were covered with fine dust powder. I still wonder how the light could go through that dirty lens. Some later A6 lenses are somewhat bigger in diameter, so it may not produce a proper geometry. We'll see.
                  Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

HI Vadim,

Yes mate, BTDT with LOADS of Audi projectors. Here's the botom line:

For retro fit HID then use the H7 projectors from a 2001 / 2 Audi A3 they are 'almost' a direct fit, you just need to make up an adapter plate to make the A3 mounting points on the projectors line up with the S2 headlamp shell (Thanks Rafael with the raw materials , just no time to do)
                    For Bi-xenon. Use the projectors from the New Audi S4, the V8 one. The bi xenon projector is a bit bigger in diameter so you'd need to trim out some of the circle of the S2 headlamp 'reflector' the projector comes through, and tehn mount the bigger projector some how. You'll need to rewire the S2 headlamp internals to suit the bi-xenon, but that is no trouble at all! 10 minutes work :-)
                    Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

oh and you can indeed swap the glass 'fisheye' lens on the S2 with the A3 lens and the B5 A4 lens. It makes ZERO difference really. BTDT too!

Words of caution. When stripping an S2 headlamp down to get to the internals, the plastic adjusters have a nasty habit of breaking for good! you cannot get the adjusters!!!! be warned....
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Is it any problem to install bi-xenon on the S2? Is it only to buy two sets??

Vegard M

Comment

Thenx Martyn, how much for the A3 and S4 projectors btw ?
                          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

so is an complete A3 projector in S2 headlamp worht the extra money??(any pics of that rebuild?)
                            or is the difference next to nothing??(like the lenses)

and what would a set of A3 projectors cost??

thanks jeroen.

p.s any info about x treme h.i.d kitt?

Comment

So is it possible to have a HID on dipped beam and a HID on full beam? (4 bulbs in all, on the episiods) So daylight will always be in front of you and the anoying 4ucker, who refuses to dip his lights on the other side of the road, gets blinded. I know this would be expensive but if its to be done you may aswell go the whole hogg.
                              Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X