Electric Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Windows

As stated in my USA 1990 audi coupe quattro bently manual, the windows operate either when the [ignition is in the ON position] OR [the ignition is in the OFF and when the door is closed].

Is this the same as in the European S2? Looking at the wiring it appears that there is no trigger for the door on the S2 window wiring harness.

Thank you.

~Ryan Evans
    hidshadows@hotmail.com
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro.

Originally posted by Hidshadows
    As stated in my USA 1990 audi coupe quattro bently manual, the windows operate either when the [ignition is in the ON position] OR [the ignition is in the OFF and when the door is closed].

Is this the same as in the European S2? Looking at the wiring it appears that there is no trigger for the door on the S2 window wiring harness.

Thank you.

~Ryan Evans
    hidshadows@hotmail.com
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro.
    Not sure if this is the same as the coupes sold in the US,,,,,but on the previous 3 and the the current one now,,,,,the windows will operate without the key in the ignition, only when the engine/ignition has been switched off and the drivers door has not been opened. Once the drivers door has been opened and closed once,,,,they cease to operate until the ignition is turned back on again

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
      Not sure if this is the same as the coupes sold in the US,,,,,but on the previous 3 and the the current one now,,,,,the windows will operate without the key in the ignition, only when the engine/ignition has been switched off and the drivers door has not been opened. Once the drivers door has been opened and closed once,,,,they cease to operate until the ignition is turned back on again

Ya that is exactly how the US coupes operate, but right now I'm looking at the window wiring harness for the S2 and there is no connection to the door triggers. I'm baffled. I'll look some more. Thank you for your repley.

~Ryan Evans
      hidshadows@hotmail.com
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Hidshadows
        Ya that is exactly how the US coupes operate, but right now I'm looking at the window wiring harness for the S2 and there is no connection to the door triggers. I'm baffled. I'll look some more. Thank you for your repley.

~Ryan Evans
        hidshadows@hotmail.com
        1990 Audi Coupe Quattro
        It must be connected in some way to the interior light switch....thats the only other system that I can think of that would effect it
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
          It must be connected in some way to the interior light switch....thats the only other system that I can think of that would effect it
          Okay this is what I've come up with, if someone has the bently and could look it up I'd be most appreciative.

This picture shows the thin Brown/Black wire the connects to the drivers side door switch.

This picture is the driver side door switch. The wire from the harness comes in through the white connector and back out to the passenger side door switch.

This picture shows the passenger side door switch.

This picture is what the S2 harness gives me. I'm assuming the same Brown/Black wire can be used in the same way it is on the 90'coupe

but what is the solid Blue wire for?

Comment

Working...
          X