Dashlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashlights

All dashlight went down, don't dimmer AC lights when driving light are turned on, parking lights down, radio light down and heater won't work (this might be another problem). Fuse 14 is ok. So is glovebox bulb. What to do?? Sell my S2???

RS2 Coupé :mischeif:

Before selling your S2, I suggest you use the "search" function.
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23
      Before selling your S2, I suggest you use the "search" function.
      Agreed...I think the glovebox bulb is on a separate fuse than the dash lights. Perhaps, check your wiring harness that leads to the lights (reverse and rear fog) on your hatch. The reverse lights i *think* are on the same fuse as the dash lights, a/c control lights, etc. Sometimes, that wiring harness gets shorts inside of it because the wires get old and crack since they move everytime you open the boot. Ensure that those lights work first, then play it by ear.
      If anything, since your S2 sounds like a complete electrical lemon, i'll buy it from you for cheap!
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

whats that a fuse not working? yeah sell it.. i want a healthy discount due to a non-functioning fuse
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

btw i once killed the dashboard fuse while playing with the HU cables...
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Try looking for the fuse that does the rear number plate lights (5A IIRC) this one also acts for the dashlights and is NOT described in any manual BTDT>

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
              Try looking for the fuse that does the rear number plate lights (5A IIRC) this one also acts for the dashlights and is NOT described in any manual BTDT>

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve.
              I've been down that route too Steve. Tried the 5 amp in position 14, but it turned to be the 15 amp fuse in location 12.

fuse 14 = licence plate light, engine and glove compartment light, instrument cluster light, air condition display illumination. (5 amp)...................

and

fuse 12 = Instrument cluster, reverse lights, fast idle, multiple sensor, GRA, distance sensor, airbag warning lamp. (15 amp).................

Why have two seperate fuses for the instrument cluster
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
              X