Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early C4 Central Locking Control Unit Pin-out and rationalizing it with Right Click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early C4 Central Locking Control Unit Pin-out and rationalizing it with Right Click

I am prepping for the install of Right Click Remote in my 94 S4 V8 avant which only has key-activated central locking (no remote of any kind). Obviously, the way to add a remote is using something like the Right Click system that others have used. I am not sure if the avant's central locking pump will have the same wiring as an UrS4 here but I'll assume that the fundamentals are the same.

From various Right Click Remote installation instructions (link below):

Right Click________________________Central Locking Pump

power (red) -----------------------T6/1 (red/grey)
    ground (black) --------------------T6/3 (brown)
    lock signal (white) --------------- T12/4 (brown/gray)
    unlock signal (white/black) ------ T12/3 (brown/green)
    unlock signal (white/black) ----- #85 relay (Trigger +12V to T12/5 green/blue)

Flashing Hazard light(Flash once when ARMED,Flash twice when DISARMED)

Brown(1)----------------------------T6/6(black/white)
    Brown(2)----------------------------T6/5(black/green)

Alarm Horn feature(Beep once when ARMED,Beep twice when DISARMED)

Pink--------------------------------T6/4(black/yellow)

Because there have been some discussions about errors in the Right Click info, I wanted to convince myself about the pins and connections in question. As a result, I bought a spare 4A0862257D central locking pump from a 93 100 I found in a Pick N'Pull 60 miles away yesterday. Because I couldn't find a comprehensive UrS4 central locking system diagram, I decided to go through the three connectors and their connections to the V94 Central Locking/Alarm System/Light Delay module, pin-by pin. The results are shown below (I think the Right Click info above makes sense to me now):

The control module and the connectors:

The pin-outs:

One thing that I hadn't tried on the V8 avant was using the key held in the lock position to close an open window, i.e. Pin 3 on the door lock switch to the Window closing Relay. Hey, it worked!! One benefit of this whole exercise. Now to source a Right Click kit.

I am not sure what the door handle thing is about. Pull the door handle up on a locked door and....??? What?

The later (1997 UrS6) central locking pumps are more sophisticated than the 4A0862257A (and 257J) pumps and use a T10, a T12 and a T16 connector, as show in this pdf diagram (PS: I am looking for the equivalent 4A0862257_ diagram if somebody has one)

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...3&d=1399771363
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    (PS: I am looking for the equivalent 4A0862257_ diagram if somebody has one)
    These?

http://www.autolib.diakom.ru/CAR/Aud...RAMS/fig05.pdf
    http://www.autolib.diakom.ru/CAR/Aud...RAMS/fig06.pdf

"Door handle thing" is two microswitches in front door lock barrels. They are used for locking/unlocking doors + arming factory alarm if car has one. And this is where you connect aftemarket alarms to lock/unlock doors. Brown/grey or brown/green wire connected to ground locks or unlocks doors.

Comment

Yes, thank you. I have a 53 page 1995 A6 wiring diagram pdf but for the central locking pg. 1 of 2, it was only a thumbnail. 2 of 2 is your Figure 06. I could have used Figure 05 earlier (I wouldn't have to had gone through the Bentley - oh well, I learned something doing it).

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
        ..."Door handle thing" is two microswitches in front door lock barrels. They are used for locking/unlocking doors + arming factory alarm if car has one. And this is where you connect aftemarket alarms to lock/unlock doors. Brown/grey or brown/green wire connected to ground locks or unlocks doors.
        I agree about the wire colours but if you are suggesting that the aftermarket alarm wires need to be connected to these wires *IN* the door, then I disagree there.

The whole point of my investigation of the central locking pumps and the wiring attached to them was to determine which wires in which connector I will need to connect to under the rear seat in my 94 V8 S4 avant.

This is what Right Click (one of the aftermarket remote systems that other C4 folks have used over here) has to say about that for LOCK/UNLOCK ("at motor under back seat"):

Comment

Did you ever find out if there's a way to close the windows with rightclick, without connecting to the door switch?

Comment

Working...
          X