No announcement yet.

How to make one airbag fault into two!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive had quite a few on mk5 golfs with the 2 sets of plugs (underseat and undercover in floor) and on minis and a few bm's
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Cool cheers for the info guys. I DID suspect those connectors but couldn't see where the wires went and didn't know for sure they were for igniters etc. I'll pop them apart for a good clean (hopefully this weekend) and report back...wish me luck

Comment

Quick update. I gave the two connectors under the driver & passenger seats a clean yesterday & managed to clear the passenger side fault, leaving only the original driver side present. I had a quick wiggle of the slip ring wiring to make sure there wasn't anything daft going on there but no joy. Its definitely looking like its either the wiring or connector under the driver seat now. Either way its still going into the garage tomorrow but hopefully a few lengths of fresh wire spliced in will sort it out...hopefully.
        I'll update again when I get some more news from the garage.
        Thanks again for the help guys, much appreciated.

Comment

Now sorted!!

Well, I am VERY pleased to say that this is now fixed. The garage I had put it into couldn't identify the problem without delving into wiring looms etc but, because he couldn't fix it didn't charge me!
          I ended up looking at the wiring diagram from S2central which called out 2-off plugs under the dash. Yesterday I had a look, fearing they would be buried deep inside the birds nest of wiring above the throttle pedal but to my surprise they were right at the front. I took the connector for the driver side igniter apart, cleaned what I could with a cotton bud & bent the two pins ever so slightly to improve contact with their females. Tried to clear the code & presto, sorted.
          So the morale of the story is if you have an igniter high resistance fault, have a look at these two connectors before going any further. For future reference I took a picture of the connectors which might be of use to someone.
          Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, it would have been an expensive nightmare without you all!

mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Glad you finally got it sorted
            96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Got some problems to so gonna take the advice and look there

Comment

Well done on getting it fixed Mike, and for sharing your findings.

Comment

Working...
                X