Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short shift fitted...Woo! Now gauge lights dont...Doh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short shift fitted...Woo! Now gauge lights dont...Doh!

Yes finally got round to fitting a short shift kit, what a mod, recommend to anyone! Love that shorter shift, couldnt go back to the old now.

But...I've found that my 3 Aux Guages have stopped working, the left one flickers on and off but the others just stay off. Very annoying!!

I presume that it may just be the way that i've put the console back in, but before I take it all apart again, does anyone suggest I try something...?

Renew the bulbs?
    Clean the contacts?
    Or just take more care?

Cheers
    Rosco

you probably just loosened the contact. open her up again and make sure the wires are all connected tight.
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

And once its opened, I would change the bulbs too. Its easier now than next week....
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Yeah, sounds like you've probably snagged a wire or something. I wouldu change the bulbs anyway, as you'll only have to take the console off yet again when one inevitably blows in a few weeks time!

The short shift is great though isn't it - every S2 should have one IMHO.
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
        X