Ignition -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition -

Hi guys, it's been ages sincse I last posted, or really had a non starter, thus I have been really having a bad few weeks with the S2. To give you a run down, Out of no where two weeks ago when putting the key in the ignition the my dash warning lights would appear very dim and flickerish, with the battery voltage fluctuating, by turning the key further to start the car, it would swing strong, but not take. Turning ignition on and off a few times, dash lights would appear bright and battery voltage on 12, car will start first time.

On Friday morning the car started fine with no ignition problem, on my way out the afternoon, same problem as above, low dash lights, battery voltage zero car just swings but does not take, also key got worn out and now does not unlock the steering wheel, calling out a Locksmith to check out the ignition and unlock the steering wheel.

Would like to know could a worn key cause the above ignition problem, or has my ignition packed up, Will a ignition barrel from a 91 audi 500Se work on the S2?

Thanks.....

bad battery... and gone generator/ volt regulator... or bad earth...or bad + conector ny the starter cause all this ......!!!

Comment

I would say the above also.

Take battery and get it tested.
      Check your ground points from the ignition, battery etc maybe come slack or needing renewed.

The ignition portion maybe on the last legs. I mind having a issue like this. The connector on the back of the barrel was breaking up.

This is where I would start. For the battery to spike in the voltage gauge, to me it's getting a poor signal which isn't consistent.

Comment

Working...
      X