apexi boost gauge fitted but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apexi boost gauge fitted but...

Finally I managed to force the apexi into its place. Here is how it looks. Day and night.
    Attached Files
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

With the light on. Plasma backlight. I connected it to the ECU feeding hose. I wonder why pressure it shows wouldn't go above 0,8 bar. It should read 1,5. Should I connect it directly to inlet manifold maybe?
    Attached Files
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

I hope you like it.
      Attached Files
      Gabor

Comment

It's huge!
        acidtrax

Comment

Very nice.
          But you should have taken the white one if you ask me.

Søren S2
          Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

White one was not available with bar reading scale. And I thought the black facia would remain unnoticed by missus. I was wrong, needless to say. Damned female gender. One could assume they have no clue about technical issues but I tell you, none of my modifications escaped her attention so far, not even the subwoofer changes. And that is in the trunk....
            Sören, where do you connect the boost duct?
            Gabor

Comment

Connecting to that hose from the ECU is correct, if you expect more boost than its showing then its likely you arent getting what you should be and have a problem somewhere.... as its very unlikely that the gauge is that far out.

Time to start fault hunting, pull fault codes etc.
              If you floor it in 6th from low rpms check to see what it peaks at and note what boost is at diff rpms as it climbs.
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
                White one was not available with bar reading scale. And I thought the black facia would remain unnoticed by missus. I was wrong, needless to say. Damned female gender. One could assume they have no clue about technical issues but I tell you, none of my modifications escaped her attention so far, not even the subwoofer changes. And that is in the trunk....
                Sören, where do you connect the boost duct?

Oops you can get em because i was bidding for one on ebay, lost out though at last minute
                Last edited by Jamo; 16 February 2005, 10:04.

Comment

All right Ant, I'll do the tests. This snow should melt a bit. however....
                  Gabor

Comment

Mine is like this....in bar.

Søren S2
                    Attached Files
                    Audi RS4 LO550

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Originally posted by SøernS2
                      Mine is like this....in bar.

Søren S2
                      Well guys, what can I say...I still love mine.

Ant, shame on me. I gave it a try in 6th, as much as possible on my way home from the pharmacy and as you said it would be it went aup easily to about 1,4 bar and then came the curve so I had to hit the brakes. Tomorrow I'll try this out of town and see the top. I HAVE TO CONFESS TO YOU ALL THAT TODAY WAS THE FIRST TIME I PUSHED THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR. The level I considered earlier as floor was not the floor actually. Hmmmm.
                      Gabor

Comment

Have you found the floor now then ???

Søren S2
                        Audi RS4 LO550

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Where was the floor then?? Flintstone car?

Glad to hear its running fine tho
                          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                            Where was the floor then?? Flintstone car?

Glad to hear its running fine tho
                            Well, its not funny at all. Its not very often taht you need all the torque you have. This car goes nicely and the floor is so deep down. I simply didn't floor it yet because I thought I did-at two third or three quarters. Threatening sound comes when I floor it in 6th when going 70Km/h. I will also have to test top speed once. Without the ecu remap it did 258 km/h when I bought it a year and half ago with 50000 mls. It goes much better now.
                            Gabor

Comment

Working...
                            X