auto check display and disabling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto check display and disabling

in the car i have the s2 clocks etc which have autocheck. the 16v ones i have removed had minicheck,

i have changed the dash wiring and engine loom but not any other loom.

question for the knowledged and converters.

what workds and whatr doesn't. if autocheck doesn't work how do i disable it.

i know plugs from oil and brakes connect up fine but pas bottle wont as i am using a different bottle. not sure on other stuff. wghat else does it do i cant remember.

any heklpon this appreciated,

Both wires (red and gray) that goes to bulb monitoring devices can be connected to ground. This will disable false blown bulb alarms.

Comment

thanks

are these from the back of the clocks plug

Comment

Yes, white 26pin connector, pins nr. 18 and 25. If you dont have that white plug you can use any 26pin plug with colored housing removed.
        Autocheck wiring diagram: http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schematics/E/E34.PDF

Comment

cheers

over the weekend i have gone through the schematic and isolated the systems i wont have. i have the lights, the pas sensor and the washer bottle sensor.

on the pas sensor. it looks to be on the same circuit as the brake sensor. yellow plug pin 11. maybe splits at the black aux plug. how does this work? i have the brake setup but not the pas bottyle sensor.

Comment

Yep, pas and brake switches are on the same circuit and splits at black 10pin plug under steering wheel. If cluster shows pas fluid level warning then ground that wire (pin 11 @ yellow connector) and warning should go away.
            Same applies to washer bottle - pin 16 at white plug.
            They both are just switches between instrument cluster and ground that connects or disconnects (don't remember exactly) when certain level of fluid is reached.

Comment

thanks, that confirms my belief. . i think i only have one wire as i have no pas sensor in my 16v loom. hopefully it wont show up.

im gonna look at this over next few days. pulled my back so heavy work on car is a no-no at the moment.

Comment

Working...
              X