No instrument cluster lights and drivers window wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No instrument cluster lights and drivers window wont work

Can any one please point me in the right direction with my electrical faults!
    I have no instrument cluster or auxiliary gauges lights!
    The speedo has stoped working!
    Drivers side window will not go down, I can hear what I think is a relay clicking when the switch is operated but no budge from window!

My electrical skills are minimal and I would feel more confident with some advice from those who know or have had similar problems.

Steve
    1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Re: cluster.
    open it and resolder every joint. it will take time, but it is worth it.
    When lights are gone, there could be pcb tracks that are toasted, just drop a wire over those.

Re: window

open drivers door, take the boot of the cables going to the door, you may find some cracked wires.

Comment

I have no lights no mine either.

any ideas on the wire that they are powered from that goes into the clocks.

Comment

there is a diagram on the usual audi s2 wiring diagram sites for thew lighting system. essentially fuse 14. 5a to the lighting amp in the center console then to everywhere.

Comment

Turns out it was fuse 14 after all, the label on the fuse box lists a different fuse for instrument cluster , so I had checked the wrong one, thanks gazzag60!

Comment

Just drivers door window now, checked wiring through grommet and all is good, guess I'll have to pull of the door card, it's like the motor is frozen/stuck

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
              there is a diagram on the usual audi s2 wiring diagram sites for thew lighting system. essentially fuse 14. 5a to the lighting amp in the center console then to everywhere.
              I had the lighting amp fail on my old 80 sport, I had to pop the cover off it to see that it had burned out, possibly same on yours!

Comment

I have tried 2 light amps. both were known good on last use.

the clocks on the 80 have more plugs though so I may be a wire down. s2 1 plug. 80 usual plug plus 1` round 2 pinn.

I got a feeling Im getting no trigger from the stalk. test this week.

Comment

How do I remove the door cards. ?

Comment

Working...
                  X