Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UrS6 - Alterations to oem Alarm & Central Locking ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrS6 - Alterations to oem Alarm & Central Locking ?

Does anyone know how to make an adjustment to the oem alarm on a UrS6 ?

I wanted to make the following changes;

1. To stop the small beep that sounds from the oem alarm horn when the alarm is armed.

2. To have the indicators flash twice when the alarm is disarmed.

3. To have the central door locking automatically lock the doors when the car goes over a certain speed, say 10/15 mph.

Any advices appreciated.

Thanks.

As far as I know that is NOT possible in a 95 UrS6. Full stop.

HOWEVER, it is likely possible in a 97 UrS6 and *maybe* for a 96 UrS6. (It has to be the central locking module/pump with the two outlets, i.e. the later 8L0862257B. Programming is via VAG-Com or VCDS

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks Dave, how do you do it if you have the later car ?

The various options show up on the screen when the car is connected, but it is not clear how to make a desired/planned alteration one way or the other.

The various options have a numerical value beside them, with what may be a total numerical value in a separate 'programmed option' box ?

Thanks.

Comment

You have to change pump coding to get what you're looking for

Open up VCDS/Vagcom, press "Select"

Choose "35-Central locks"

"Soft coding" is what you need to change. Write down existing coding so you can revert changes if you don't like them or something doesn't work. Press "Coding-07"

Now we have to do some math. Here's list of available coding options:

+00001 - Rear Lid Opening via Rear Lid Lock
        +00002 - Anti-Theft Confirmation via Blink
        +00004 - Selective Locking
        +00008 - Anti-Theft-System
        +00016 - Cabrio functionality (reversed pump working direction)
        +00032 - Locking via Speed (15mph)
        +00064 - Comfort Closing via Remote Control
        +00128 - Turn Off Continuous Blinking Of Alarm LED When Anti-Theft Armed
        +00256 - Rear Lid Logic
        +00512 - Remote Control "Close" Confirmation (1x Blink)
        +01024 - Confirmation Anti-Theft Warning System Horn Activation
        +02048 - Door/Window Logic (USA)
        +04096 - Remote Control "Open" Confirmation (2x Blink)
        +08192 - Remote Control
        Looks difficult? No, it's easy actually - all you have to do is add or subtract these numbers from existing coding.
        For example you want doors to be locked when 15mph is reached. Take existing coding 12761 and add 32. Result is 12793 which is your new coding. Enter it in circled area shown below and press "Do it". If coding is accepted then it is correct.

For flashing indicators on unlock you need to add 4096 to current coding, to remove horn beep on locking subtract 1024 from current coding and so on.

European market C4s were equipped with 8L0862257 (with remote control) or 8L0862257A (without remote control). 8L0862257B is American market part with different remote control frequency (315MHz instead of 433,92MHz).
        I have 8L0862257 pump and from my experience it doesn't unlock doors when key is removed from ignition after they have been locked exceeding 15mph and unlock confirmation by blinking twice doesn't work also.
        And it doesn't blink on locking if there are fault codes stored in pump memory.

Comment

The problem we had was making sense of the current configuration. It had a value a little over 10000, and with those option values in vagcom the math just didn't add up so i didn't fancy punching in random numbers just to see what happens.

Though, option 1024 looks like exactly what we were looking for, but as above my vagcom didnt show us that option. So what you are saying is we just need to remove 1024 from our current coding to disable the horn?
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thanks for chipping in mc.

And also to mdz and Dave, on their respective balls as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
              So what you are saying is we just need to remove 1024 from our current coding to disable the horn?
              Yep, that's how it works.

Comment

Working...
              X