Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 Towbar wiring

Hi
    Question about a '96 S6 Avant but hopefully it's similar to the S2.

I've fitted a Bosal towbar and need to fit the wiring this week-end. I've ordered the Bosal wiring kit - for cars with Check control (computer bulb monitoring) but I haven't got this yet.

What I was wondering was if Audi provided a plug somewhere for wiring this kit into the car or will I have to splice into the original loom?

No it is only possible to splice into the original loom. Nothing on the S6, even for the factory towbar.
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      That's what I was afraid was going to be the answer. Pity car manufacturers don't have the foresight to include little extras like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
        No it is only possible to splice into the original loom. Nothing on the S6, even for the factory towbar.
        Hi Corey, I'm not arguing but I'm surprised at that. The coupe has spade terminals which can be used to connect to the wiring ( don't know about the S6). If you connect direct then it will set off the auto check system. It needs to go through a magic black box ( bunch of relays) I bought a bosch unit at a car show for £3 ( bargain) Still not fitted it yet tho'. If you can fit it without breaking into the wiring then all the better.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
          Hi Corey, I'm not arguing but I'm surprised at that. The coupe has spade terminals which can be used to connect to the wiring ( don't know about the S6). If you connect direct then it will set off the auto check system. It needs to go through a magic black box ( bunch of relays) I bought a bosch unit at a car show for £3 ( bargain) Still not fitted it yet tho'. If you can fit it without breaking into the wiring then all the better.

David

As ever in life, I am just waiting to be proved wrong, having dismantled all the interior and looked at the possibility to fit a factory towbar I cannot see anything
          Corey
          01636 822288

Comment

I had a look at it this week-end and the S6 does have extra spade connectors fitted for all teh rear lights. Makes the job of fitting the towbar a lot tidier and no need to splice into any wires. The spades are fitted inside the light cluster. Just take off the back of the light (i.e. to remove the bulbs) and there they are.

Comment

Working...
            X