Sunroof problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof problem

Should have had this sorted out by now but never got round to it well can't do it should I say due to being quadriplegic.
    Anyway what could be the cause of the electric sunroof not working? & how to solve the problem?

Any help will be appreciated

Regards Neal

Originally posted by neal1981 View Post
    Should have had this sorted out by now but never got round to it well can't do it should I say due to being quadriplegic. Anyway what could be the cause of the electric sunroof not working? & how to solve the problem? Any help will be appreciated. Regards Neal
    You're definitely going have to use a multimeter to sort this one out. Not sure which car/year you have. So far all I could find was this Audi 90 sunroof wiring diagram. Looks like the issue could be any one of relays, switches, motors and/or control modules.

Attached Files
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

thanks for the reply

Its a 96' S2 ABY

I mentioned me not me being able to do the work needed with me being in a wheelchair, it sounds complicated i should have thought about this abit more before i posted so its going to have to go to a garage or something along those lines.

sorry for wasting your time UrS4boy

Comment

Originally posted by neal1981 View Post
        thanks for the reply. Its a 96' S2 ABY. I mentioned me not me being able to do the work needed with me being in a wheelchair, it sounds complicated i should have thought about this abit more before i posted so its going to have to go to a garage or something along those lines. sorry for wasting your time UrS4boy
        No problems. Better you should know what to look for than just let somebody go nuts on your ticket. And I like to help (or at least try to help)

Looks like the 1995 B3 window and sliding roof (aka "sunroof") control module was a 441959257D, or "347", as shown here:

However, for 1996, it switched to a 443959257B or "287":

In both cases, these modules are double wide and occupy positions 5 and 6 on the auxiliary relay panel under the dash, as shown here:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Are you able to remove the cover were the controls are, does it have an allen key to operate manually? If so see if it works that way or if it sized up because of lack of use then go from there.

Comment

hi simon20vq

Not really i'm in a wheelchair from by a volvo when i was 16 it broke my neck leaving me permanently paralyzed from the neck down but if you can instruct me i think i could find somebody to do it. but like you said i don't want nobody who hasn't got a clue so that leaves me with no choice other than taking it to a garage i haven't got the foggiest how to do it.

Comment

URS4BOY i haven't got a clue mate Even if I had i wouldn't be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X