Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A8 or A6 central locking wiring diagram needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A8 or A6 central locking wiring diagram needed.

Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram for this one? I took it from a '97 A8, and I think it was used on late A6 C4's as well. Part number is 8L0 862 257 G.
    The plan is to fit it to my 80 for the remote locking function.
    Attached Files

1997 Audi A6 wiring diagrams pdf

Originally posted by Typ89 View Post
    Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram for this one? I took it from a '97 A8, and I think it was used on late A6 C4's as well. Part number is 8L0 862 257 G. The plan is to fit it to my 80 for the remote locking function.
    Pages 43 and 44 of this pdf should have what you need:

http://12v.org/urs/1997_Audi_A6_Syst...g_Diagrams.pdf

Note: In documenting the C4 central locking and lighting control modules, (http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/284000.phtml ), I stumbled upon what seems to be a change for the 1997 model year, i.e. instead of an 4A0 start for the PN, it is 8L0 (as in A8, etc) (8L0862257G to be specific). That PN is described as "pump with control module for vehicles with radio controlled central locking system for vehicles with anti-theft alarm and immobilizer". I was nodding yes until the last word, "immobilizer". I didn't think any NAmerican C4s had immobilizers but now I am not sure. I can't find 8L0862257G for the NAmerican market, but I did find 8L0862257N, with the same description.

Brad L. on my home forum recently emailed me with the photo below of a 8L0862257B central locking module out of an 10/96 build 1997 C4 A6 quattro. The photo clearly shows the two vacuum/pressure ports that allow only certain doors, etc. to be opened and the different connectors to allow this, i.e. T10, T12 and T16. For those that haven't lost the plot, the 8L0862257B was apparently replaced on 01/05/1999 by the 8L0862257N. Oops.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Diagram for A8 in attachment. 257G is the best pump you can get, it has all the available options. You will need Vagcom/VCDS to recode it.
      Two vacuum outputs are because one is for drivers door and fuel tank flap, other is for all other doors plus there's an output for electric actuator for boot opening.
      Iv'e done this swap to my car fully working with 3 button flip key so if any questions, just ask.
      P.S. I'm not sure about Canada, but USA market cars had their own pumps with different part numbers and working frequencies so we (Europe) didn't had the pumps you got and vice versa
      Here's a list I've put together:

8L0 862 257 DWA and remote [limited functionality*] (433,92 Mhz)
      8L0 862 257 A DWA
      8L0 862 257 B DWA and remote(315 MHz)
      8L0 862 257 D just remote(433,92 Mhz)
      8L0 862 257 E just central locking
      8L0 862 257 G DWA and remote(433,92 MHz)
      8L0 862 257 H DWA
      8L0 862 257 K just remote(433 MHz)
      8L0 862 257 L just central locking
      8L0 862 257 M DWA and remote(315 MHz)
      8L0 862 257 N DWA and remote(315 MHz)
      8L0 862 257 P DWA and remote(??? MHz)
      8L0 862 257 Q DWA and remote(??? MHz)
      433,92MHz - Europe
      315MHz - USA
      No frequency - no remote control option.
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome guys. Thanks!

Comment

Is the interior lights delay a function that I can use on this pump?

Comment

Is the interior lights delay a function that I can use on this pump?
            I think so, as long as you already have an interior light control module, the central locking pump communicates with the light control module. With the 8L0862257G, I think the communication is going to be via a Brown/Yellow wire at T10/6 as shown below:

Attached Files

Comment

In the A8 the pump has two seperate wires for the interior lights. T10-6 for the interior lights and T12-12 for the trunk lights. I can imagine that these would be combined on the A6 avant.
              My B3 has a separate delay module on the relay carrier, but I know that in later models the central locking pump has that function build-in, no extra module required. Dunno wether this is the case on this pump
              The interior lights in the B3/B4 are switched on the negative side, so the bulbs are permanent on +12v. It should work if the A8/C4 use that same principle.
              Is there an extra module for the interior lights in the A8 of C4?

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                I think so, as long as you already have an interior light control module, the central locking pump communicates with the light control module. With the 8L0862257G, I think the communication is going to be via a Brown/Yellow wire at T10/6
                Made a mistake. Changed my mind. What I was thinking about was the window closing module and communication between the central locking module and the window closing relay. Oops.

In the A8 the pump has two seperate wires for the interior lights. T10-6 for the interior lights and T12-12 for the trunk lights. I can imagine that these would be combined on the A6 avant. My B3 has a separate delay module on the relay carrier, but I know that in later models the central locking pump has that function build-in, no extra module required. Dunno wether this is the case on this pump
                For the older style central locking pump (with 2 or 3 plugs but only one pump outlet, not 2), the interior lights are controlled by the central locking pump, as shown below. I think you would be better off scrapping the A8 central locking control module and going for an older, single pump outlet unit.

Comment

Guess I lost focus for a sec as well, I forgot to look at the first link you posted. Pages 22-24 show that they are controlled at the negative side by the pump.
                  I'll just wire it in and see what it does. Otherwise I'll have to stick with the original module. Which sucks because it switches abrubt ON-OFF like a normal switch. Not slowly like it should.

Comment

Just had it set up on my desk, it all seems to work fine. I only need a remote and then I'll put it in the car.
                    Why are the pneumatics for the drivers door and fuel flap separated from the rest? Can these be unlocked separately? And what happens if I'll just put all locks on one outlet and block the other?

Comment

IMG_20160426_191614.jpg
                      Looks like we're in business!
                      Only problem is I somehow need to get the pump into reverse operation.
                      @MDZ can you enlighten me a bit on the coding part?
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQGpaGjytI

Comment

Why are the pneumatics for the drivers door and fuel flap separated from the rest? Can these be unlocked separately? And what happens if I'll just put all locks on one outlet and block the other?
                        I think the deal with that dual outlet controller/pump was that one click with the remote = drivers door (and gas flap I guess) and a second click = open everything else.

I had that on my 98 C4 A6Q avant. One click I could get in the car but I needed a second click (very shortly after the first click to open the other three doors).

Comment

[ATTACH]58600[/ATTACH]
                          Looks like we're in business!
                          Only problem is I somehow need to get the pump into reverse operation.
                          @MDZ can you enlighten me a bit on the coding part?
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQGpaGjytI
                          Add 16 to your current coding. That will reverse it.
                          UrS4boy is right about selective locking (vacuum outputs). This option enables or disables by subtracting or adding 16384 to existing coding (add to disable, subtract to enable).
                          Here's other coding options:

1 Rear boot unlock & opened (only some models e.g A4)
                          2 Flash indicators on activation of alarm 2
                          4 Security central opening (drivers door only opens not passenger) with ey
                          8 Anti-theft alarm switched on
                          16 Cabriolet functionality on (reverse pump direction)
                          32 Auto lock doors when car goes above 15mph
                          64 Comfort opening/closing of windows
                          128 No ultrasonic installed (cabriolet has no ultrasonics)
                          256 Unknown (rear boot logic with remote A4 ?)
                          512 Radio control close confirmed with one flash
                          1024 Anti theft alarm set confirmed by horn beep
                          2048 US window logic (Power windows do not work once door opened)
                          4096 Radio control open confirmed with two flashes
                          8192 Radio remote contro opening/closing activated
                          16384 No Security central opening (drivers door opening only) with emote
                          Works very simple - choose what you want, sum the numbers and result is your new coding.
                          Last edited by mdz; 28 April 2016, 01:00.

Comment

That list of codes is very similar to what I have and use for my S8, with just two differences:
                            1. I have +00128 - Turn Off Continuous Blinking Of Alarm LED When Anti-Theft Armed
                            2. I don't have +16384 at all.

That said, I think I tried 128 and it didn't seem to do anything, so your list may be more accurate. What is the source? (mine is a distillation of several)

Comment

Source was a quick search that ended up here: http://www.audifans.net/ftopicp-252855.html
                              It is pretty close. I had a list of exact codings but I've lost it somewhere.
                              BTW some features doesn't work on some pumps. For example mine 8L0 862 257 doesn't flash on unlock and doesn't unlock doors when key is removed from ignition if autolock @15mph is enabled.
                              Just went through the list an I might be wrong about selective locking enabling - add 4 to enable, subtract 4 to disable. This: http://www.wak-tt.com/tt/tt_docs/cab...5101-96-11.pdf
                              confirms it.

Comment

Working...
                              X