Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric windows and sunroof locks

Hi

Some time, the electric windows and sunroof wont close, I then need to turn off the car and start again, sometimes more times (not sure it this really is the solotion, or it just start working again). Also is the driverside window supposed to go all the way down by on single press of the button? (Can be stoped by on press up).

Any idear?

Hi try the relay under steering wheel.Could well have just a dry joint .It fixed mine straight away

Comment

Yep, one-touch down is standard.
      One-touch up is dependent of the S2-type (3B, ABY)

I understand (from other threads) sunroof and windows are controlled over the same relay. This relay is know to fail. It did with me.

Have a look at the relay. Its under the steering wheel, a double relay.

Suc6
      Carlo
      No power, no glory!
      S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Ive not got a sunroof, but are your switches ok?
        Ive just changed my window switches after they became a little temprimental.... now ive gotta change the illumination on the dash switches to match the brightness
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
          Ive not got a sunroof, but are your switches ok?
          Ive just changed my window switches after they became a little temprimental....

My switches are messed up also. The door may have gotten wet and corroded the connections. Lots of WD40 fixed it for a few months. I know this will not help your sunroof but it was my problem too.
          //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Working...
          X