Control Unit.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Unit.....

The control unit behind the rear drivers side panel......

This appears to be the source of my problems, finally managed to get that panel off and check its making a quiet buzzing noise and is rather warm, looks like it controls the central locking as the vacuum line comes from this, also controls that Bosch alarm... it has 3 plugs and lots of wires going in to it, so looks expensive....
    Looked up the price last night and it was enough!!

As a temp workaround for the central locking im gonna look at trying a Golf CL Pump, as the 3 wire plug should work with this i think, not checked wiring etc yet but in theory it makes sense.

That control unit tho i will have to source at some point tho it seems, ive not looked at it properly to see if there is anything else i could possibly do, like if its sealed or whether it could be opened etc, but an alternative to that large bill above would be good.

So if anyone knows of an S2 being broken or anything then let me know please

Also, does everyone have this Bosch Iris alarm thing? I assume its a factory option? or standard?
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

give all audi a call im sure they must have something like that knocking about.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Ant, can you post a photo of it please, I have something like that in my spares pile.

PM me when you have posted cos I don't get on as often as I'd like recently.

David

Comment

That'll be the central locking pump & controller alright. One possible cause of the problem is a leak in the vacuum hoses which connect the door actuators. This causes the pump to run on for longer than it should and may even be serious enough to stop the car from locking or unlocking automatically...

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Yeah, a pic or P/N would be good. I think a mate of mine has a spare after he junked his central locking after having other problems with it.
          SS

Comment

4A0 862 257D

Not a loose vacuum as far as ive checked, also when locking the passenger door on the key the drivers lock moves a bit, which seems right if all is connected well, also the light that usually blinks in the rear fog light switch is also permantently on.

If anyone can help that would be great as it will be a weight off my mind esp with my planned road trip to Austria only 4 weeks away
            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Will get a pic tomorrow when its light
              Cheers guys!
              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Give sal a quick pm or ring him, i should think he'd have one, or two!
                Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

More woes with the central locking.... have changed the pump and its no different

really annoying me now.... the pump clicks like its wanting to do its job, but nothing happens... same with the new one.

There is no vacuum being generated by the unit, so my question is.... the power to the unit is via the 6 pin plug in the middle.
                  Does anyone have any kind of wiring diagram for what does what. I was playing with the multimeter earlier and there are 2 12v positive and 1 always negative, the other 3 seem to go live when it should be doing its job.

Both door pins are working correctly (checked with multimeter)

Just have no idea why its not working and its really annoying now!
                  Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

there's some wiring schematics here:

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...schematics.htm
                    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Excellent thank you, i'll have a look thru this, hopefully will help to shed some light on the problem
                      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

just printed it out..... the quality isnt high enough to be able to make out the lettering on the wires.

Do you have a higher resolution image?
                        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant PM me the part number of your pump and I'll dig out a wiring diagram for you.

Ben
                          the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                          1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

PM Sent.
                            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                            X