Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial coxial fitting missing part?

Evening All,

My radio signal is rubbish so traced the cabling to find that the roof aerial cabling is not even connected to the stereo.

Basically under the rear seat is the cable coming from the stereo with a screwed coaxial fitting on it, which was found loose not connected to anything. Also, the roof aerial cabling was found rolled up behind the driver side boot compartment cover, this also has the same screwed coaxial fitting on it.

Both cables have the same type of fittings so cannot be screwed together. What should be in between these fittings allow them to join? No wonder my radio signal is terrible!!

Cheers
    Gordon

A picture speaks a thousand words! What should be inbetween these two fittings?
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
      A picture speaks a thousand words! What should be inbetween these two fittings? Cheers
      Over here, the C4 avants had this box (a signal amplifier or something for the in-car phone (which came with the UrS4/S6s).

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Quite possible it's something like that which is missing from mine. Hopefully a coupe owner will chime in soon. Thanks for that though.

Comment

Working...
        X