Its an old one - ambient temp display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its an old one - ambient temp display

I read the guide to replacing the bulb on www.S2-audi.co.uk (very useful indeed)!

Before I attempt this, can someone tell me the difference between the suggested bulbs - replacement bulb, Maplins PG77J and LED, Maplins CJ70? Do these both have to be soldered in? Presumably it is a clear bulb I need.

I also have an air bag on my steering wheel, so ideally want to leave the wheel on, is this a sensible idea?
    J

The first one's a bulb & the second is an LED. They both have to be soldered in. An LED will last longer. I fitted a red LED in mine. See the guide on S2Central for removing the cluster without removing the steering wheel.
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Quick update on this, not sure if Maplins have changed their supplier for the PG77J, but they don't fit any more. They are now 10mm long and are too long for this application. I bought these:-

From here, and they fit perfectly

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-4-SUB-...item3f15ee8bfb
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

andy, is it possible to get those in red?

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
          andy, is it possible to get those in red?
          Not sure, you can get the LED's in red, but I fitted one of those in my S4 and it had a bright spot in the middle. Using the bulbs gives a better spread of light.
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
          X