HID kits! Opinions please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID kits! Opinions please!!

I'd like a set of HID's for my S4 but looking for a kit seems so confusing! Does anyone have any opinions on these HID kits on ebay or has anyone tried one? It seems there are a wide variety available including 5000k kits up to as much as 12,000k. Most appear to originate from the states and can be quite cheap so is this because they're crap or is it just because the pound is so strong??
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

HIDs for S4....

You should talk to Martyn at VAG. He has what you are looking for along with answers to your questions.

Comment

Agreed, Martyn should be able to sort you out.
      Mark - Modded

Comment

Dnt get confused on the rating of the bulbs, its not a brightness rating, its a colour rating, the higher the number the more purple the light!

I currently have 8500k bulbs and they are bit too purple really, i'd recommend something more around the 6000k area for a good white light
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Merlin,

Feel free to send me a PM asking any questions you want answered. You DO NOT! 'have' to buy a kit from me, please feel free to ask me any Q's, I totally donot mind at all!!
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I have a HID kit, installed it in November. As an upgrade from my bog-standard H4 lamps it's brilliant (pun intended). My bulbs are a 6500K temperature and they're nicely white, not too blue, definitely not yellowy. The 12,000K ones will be so purple as to be ridiculous in my humble opinion.

Something to work out is what type of lens and bulbs you've currently got. Do you have the old fashioned reflector lenses, or the more modern projector-style lenses?

If the former, you could get an H4 bulb replacement kit like I did. What you could also consider is changing the lenses to a projector-style unit, and then upgrade those to a HID kit with an H1 bulb replacement - you'll get a huge increase in light output there because of the better lens design.

Or something.
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Martyn , you have an e-mail , please check it about the bulbs
              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Working...
              X