My last fault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last fault!

Thanks to all that have helped me correcting my problems. New WGFV/TBV fitted, along with a new windscreen!!
    My last and longest lasting fault which is 00513/G28, have been told this is a flywheel sender(s) fault? Are they the two senders on the inlet side of the engine/gearbox, kept in place by a hex bolt, once withdrawn from gearbox, silver cylindrical electrical components?
    Does this make the speedo needle flicker?

Thanks. Martin.

As I was stupid enough not to ask this on the other thread this was discussed:

Did you pull the codes engine running or not? G28 comes always when engine not running.

No connection to speedo.
    -

Comment

Engine switched off. So this always appears when pulling fault codes? This seems a flaw in fault system!

Comment

That fault code will always come up with the engine off but I was told that it can stay there even with the engine running (like mine)! I've been down the road of replacing it (£40ish) but it didn't make any difference! It's still showing and I must have deleted it a dozen times. Unless you've got a specific running problem I wouldn't worry about it.
        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Thanks, won't chase this fault then. Any reasons why the speedo will flicker when driving, between a 10 MPH range as the car speeds up and no milage is clocked up?
          Thanks all
          martin

Comment

As above, what happens when 00513/G28 does die?

Comment

Working...
            X