Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be helpful. As i do like the idea of keeping things under vaccum(turbo inlet) but i only want the fumes to go through there, not the oil. if there is a way to get around that, im happy to hear.
    Either by using a secondary cyclone, or draining the upcoming oil directly to the oil pan, i dont know.

all i want is a solution to keep the breathing of the car ok. At the moment my solution is to get a good large filter to vent to atmosphere, because my airfilter at the turbo (HKS) gets so much oil from the tank that 1) it gets dirty really fast 2) smells quite bad after thrashing, since its just next to the turbo, and not somewhere like the OEM solution. However id be happy to use the turbo's vacuum for the fumes if i can somehow keep the oil out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      That would be helpful. As i do like the idea of keeping things under vaccum(turbo inlet) but i only want the fumes to go through there, not the oil. if there is a way to get around that, im happy to hear.
      Either by using a secondary cyclone, or draining the upcoming oil directly to the oil pan, i dont know.
      You want a catch can, situated close to the pressure control valve (on the cool side of the engine).
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

hmm, unfortunatelly there is no room there. Maybe a cyclone would help, however its the crankcase that builds most of the oil in the catch tank and that is what increases the pressure in my cam cover as well. So i need oil that is going down to the PCV valve and then back up again to stay down or get recirculated through larger tubes potentially, and therefore not become a bottleneck of the system. At the same time i dont want to get rid of the N80 or the PCV

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
          .... So i need oil that is going down to the PCV valve and then back up again to stay down or get recirculated through larger tubes potentially, and therefore not become a bottleneck of the system. At the same time i dont want to get rid of the N80 or the PCV
          The engineers at Audi spent a lot of time figuring out and designing the head and crankcase ventilation system out. Why re-invent the wheel? Just try to return to OE as much as possible, perhaps with a catch can before the cam cover tube.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

thats where the catch tank is now!!!

BUT: even if i have the tank connected to the 19mm tube that comes from the PCV valve, and that connected to the OEM turbo inlet, it is still not enough to counteract the amount of pressure buildup in the camcover. It looks like the smaller hose from the cam cover needs to be directly connected to the tank as well, so some of the oil goes to the tank bypassing the PCV valve. I have a T piece there now. BUT i get too much oil in the tank, not enough to allow a good separation between oil and vapours,therefore i get oil in the inlet tract before the turbo

Comment

Working...
            X