kkk k26b turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kkk k26b turbo

by installing a K26b with a #8 on hot side on a 20v turbo aan motor will it be close to a rs2 turbo output or is it not worth the effort???
    please let me know at sunny_t32yahoo.com

I have my S2 with that Turbo, it really worth the effort. I bought my turbo from porsche 944T owner and I have run it a lot with out problems.

The K24 its really small, K26 its LAGly a little bit more.
    I dont know what exhaust housing I have installed, maybe number 6......... but the difference it huge..... I done the swap with RS2 exhaust manifold, just to keep away the chance of detonation in cylinders 1 and 5.........

My exhaust tube w/O Kats was already installed with the K24 and I achieve only 270-280 hp to the crank, installing the K26 bringme another 50 hp instantly. I still have some merge to play cause I havent change my injectors......... so im limited by my fuel support....... 330-340hp. 0.90 bar constant. ABY engine.

This is my experience, still no chips, still no injectors.
    Cheers
    Audi S2 94 6 speed ABY-ADU 330hp, Lancia delta EVO2 mint
    Dr.Ferdinand

Comment

Originally posted by Audi500HP
      I have my S2 with that Turbo, it really worth the effort. I bought my turbo from porsche 944T owner and I have run it a lot with out problems.
      Cheers
      Could you please put here numbers from the turbo :mischeif:

Sau
      200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
      CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

I almost fit my turbo with the plate with the numbers, but then i removed to avoid friction with some tubes................ i dont know where i wrote the numbers........... i will check!!!
        Attached Files
        Audi S2 94 6 speed ABY-ADU 330hp, Lancia delta EVO2 mint
        Dr.Ferdinand

Comment

kkk k26B

the porsche part number is 951.123.131.03
          kkk part number is 5326 970 7041
          the oil and coolant fittings are different, althought the outer diameter of the inlet side is smaller than the k24 inlet the wheel inside is bigger, the same size as the k26 out of the old audi 5000 turbo. How much or what is the difference in the #6 of the old 5000 turbo vs the #8 of the porsche 944s turbo??
          sunny

Comment

hi
            can someone clarify something for me.Which turbo does the original RS2 uses?K24 or K26?i have the ETKA part numbers,but that doesnt help a lot....
            also it is kind of hard to see the numbers on my turbo on the rs2,but i think i saw somewhere writing k26....although i read somewhere else that k24 is used....any ideas?
            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas
              hi
              can someone clarify something for me.Which turbo does the original RS2 uses?K24 or K26?i have the ETKA part numbers,but that doesnt help a lot....
              also it is kind of hard to see the numbers on my turbo on the rs2,but i think i saw somewhere writing k26....although i read somewhere else that k24 is used....any ideas?
              cheers
              I often see the number K24 7200 quoted on german sites with reference to the RS2 turbo.
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

i got some kkk part number out of my turbocharger,its the only thing i could look
                5326-101-5160

Comment

The part number for the K26 with #8 hotside is 5326 970 7042 also 7041 and sometimes 988 instead of 970. I am looking for a #8 hotside if anyone has one from one of these please let me know.

Elijah
                  91 Audi Coupe Quattro- AAN engine transplant

Comment

The RS2 is called K24 7200 but it is actually a K26! i think somewhere in this forum where a detailed description!

@Audi500Hp

Not all K26 models will give you 340 hp!
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

doing a search here i noticed that paul mentioned that the RS2 turbo is a hybrid of some kind that has k24/26 components

Comment

I think the RS2 K24 7200, has a K26 compressor and turbine housings, K24 midpart and shaft and k26 Wheels but that fit to the k24 (smaller as K26 shaft)! Something like it!
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

So, my K24 is soon shot. I'm looking for a cheap-ish turbo to mount - that is slightly bigger. Would this be a viable option? So which one do I get? An old K26 off an Audi or a K26 off a Porsche?

A quick look at a Turbo dealer site tells me this:

1984 944T: 53269706720 KKK K26 6.92

1987 944T: 53269707041 KKK K26 8.11

1988 944T: 53269707042 KKK K26 8.11

So, I guess the latter two are 8 exh house. Which do I get??
                          Last edited by Henka; 25 November 2005, 16:24.

Comment

The RS2 turbo is a hybrid hence K24 appears in its part number details..confusing. The details are the RS2 turbo uses a K24 cold side machined out to take a particular K26 wheel and a special K26 #6 hotside.
                            BorgWarner make them now...full description on the box in front of me is ALT K24 -2672GGCAA 6.12GBARK ..... 53249887200

The important bits being ALT (alternative) and the 12 digit part no
                            Alastair
                            RS2

Comment

Working...
                            X