vag com + strange problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vag com + strange problem

1 st problem is with engine :when boost exeeds 0,5 bar ,engine sounds like it has lack fuel or something like that.
    Done so far: Checked Maf ,its nice and clean,wires are ok,supply to maf is ok

2nd problem is:i have vag com cable and vag com 3112 software, soft cant any control units(eng.,abs,acc) .. supply is present in socket(black)

Ecu is chipped( skn ? ) and it has 300kpa map
    Last edited by inc13; 16 January 2006, 00:34.
    Typ 85 V8 Quattro

update: i replaced original maf with new porsche 968(rs2) maf,adjusted barometric sensor f96 (was far out) .. but nothing changed
    Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

Done so far ..
      *new porsche Maf (rs2)
      *new rs2 Injectors
      *new rs2 Fpr
      *adjusted F96
      *tried other ecu ,checked blink codes (shows ok/4444)

everything is exactlty the same
      Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

most likely culprits are,boost leak,knackered wastegate diaphgram or maybe a weak fuel pump?have you disconnected the battery to remove the fault codes?or removed the motor fuses in the fuse box to clear them ..

Comment

Originally posted by inc13
          1 st problem is with engine :when boost exeeds 0,5 bar ,engine sounds like it has lack fuel or something like that.
          Done so far: Checked Maf ,its nice and clean,wires are ok,supply to maf is ok

2nd problem is:i have vag com cable and vag com 3112 software, soft cant any control units(eng.,abs,acc) .. supply is present in socket(black)

Ecu is chipped( skn ? ) and it has 300kpa map
          if i were you the next step would be to pressure test the boost pipes i have a test kit and compressor but am 150 ish miles away but if you don't mind the travel i will pressure test it for you just pm me and i'll give you my address
          1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
          2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
          3. H & R SPRINGS
          4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
          5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
          6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
          7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
          8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter
            most likely culprits are,boost leak,knackered wastegate diaphgram or maybe a weak fuel pump?have you disconnected the battery to remove the fault codes?or removed the motor fuses in the fuse box to clear them ..
            Btw wastegate is also checked ,fuel pump was changed under 10 k miles ago in audi service(original part). Fault codes are removed ,battery is been disconnected times.
            Wierd thing is there is no fault codes fuses are also checked

Pipes from /to IC are checked,IC is secured to place (bolt mod)
            Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by topsparky
              if i were you the next step would be to pressure test the boost pipes i have a test kit and compressor but am 150 ish miles away but if you don't mind the travel i will pressure test it for you just pm me and i'll give you my address
              Thnx mate ,150 miles is bit much for pressure test .. i try to figure out how i can that in here
              Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

could be a dodgy wgfv,have you checked the inlet hose from airbox to turbo?may also be a dodgy coilpack or ht lead or ?or a fault with distributor drive gear?

Comment

worth checking all the vacuum pipes,including the pipe to the ecu..

Comment

could be a dodgy wgfv,have you checked the inlet hose from airbox to turbo?may also be a dodgy coilpack or ht lead or ?or a fault with distributor drive gear?
                    Engine is aby , that will leave dizzy out of the game . Problem starts when Boost exeeds 0,5 - 0,7 bar ...before that engine runs ok.
                    Coilpack problem will affect running without boost also

coilpack problem i had before ,also one POS is replaced .. no problems with after that

All this crap began when car was standing 8 months

worth checking all the vacuum pipes,including the pipe to the ecu..
                    Thats also done .. ok
                    Boost gauge is connected to same ecu pipe
                    Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

first off i would try pressure testing to rule out any boost leaks,may also be worth trying it with a standard ecu to rule out any problems there,a faulty air intake temp sensor will cause overboost protection but this usually occurs at about 3-4k rpm,other things may be,dirty or worn out injectors or bad wiring somewhere,maybe dirty or damaged earth wire?

Comment

first off i would try pressure testing to rule out any boost leaks,may also be worth trying it with a standard ecu to rule out any problems there,a faulty air intake temp sensor will cause overboost protection but this usually occurs at about 3-4k rpm,other things may be,dirty or worn out injectors or bad wiring somewhere,maybe dirty or damaged earth wire?
                        *other ecu =Done
                        *injectors=New

iat should generate faultcode ?
                        Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by inc13
                          iat should generate faultcode ?
                          Only if its open or short circuit. If its just out of spec then Motronic won't raise a fault code. Annoying I know... Measure resistance across IAT on a cold morning (near 0 celsius) with a cold engine, during the daytime (say 10 celsius) with cold engine and with a hot engine (say 40 celsius).

You should get three very different resistance values across the IAT. You can compare those with others and/or a new part for sanity.

I have a graph somewhere of correct behaviour for the IAT.

Paul
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

have you checked spark plugs? it may sounds strange, but i have the same problems so i replaced sparks and problms gone ......
                            Audi Coupe S2 1993
                            Audi V8 4.2 1993
                            Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Originally posted by valjo
                              have you checked spark plugs? it may sounds strange, but i have the same problems so i replaced sparks and problms gone ......
                              Plugs are new

today i installed a/f meter (autometer ,n/b) ,it shows all the time Lean
                              Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

Working...
                              X