Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Injectors

Hi,

Got RS2 injectors to fit onto S2 with standard chip until its remapped.

Will the S2 ECU have enough adaption on the duty cycle of the injectors for it to still run ok with RS2 injectors on in place of the S2 ones running no more than WG standard 0.8Bar boost?

Ta

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Greg, all i can tell you is that when i had fitted the large turbo and RS2 injectors on a superchipped ECU it drove like a bag of *****. Dont know whats its like with stock bits?

Sorry i cant help much more
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Are you disconnecting the WGFV? I might do that and see if I get the hesitation.

Mine adapted ok from the rs2 injectors to biggies - well, it was drivable off boost anyway, and vag-com said the injectors duty cycle had reduced - probably using a lot of fuel though.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Greg, when fitted rs2 turbo/injectors to mine did a couple of hundred miles whilst waiting for mihnea to do his stuff, ran absolutely fine, no hesitation etc, avoided using WOT as much as i could, mpg stayed about the same also
        you should be ok

martin

Comment

Thanks for that martin.

@Doug, its a good idea to leave WGFV disconnected for the moment is what Mihnea told me since you havent got the new map in to stop pinking, knocking etc.

How did you release the pressure already in the fuel rail when you fitted your new injectors?

Does much petrol come out over the place?

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
            How did you release the pressure already in the fuel rail when you fitted your new injectors?
            Ehhh - when you lift the rail it releases the pressure

[/B]
            Didn't measure it! Just what was probably in the metal rail - it wasn't pissing out or anything.

I wasn't driving WOT but probably disconnect it anyways - need to go and do some leak testing.
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S

When i disconected my fuel line for to fit the adaptor for testing the pressure i just pulled the fuel pump fuse when it was running, it used most of the pressure in the rail then stalled? Still leaked a bit but not bad?
              Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

I just made sure the engine was cold and released the pipes on the rail. 3B is different to ABY fuel rail. I just let the fuel piss out and waited for a while as it evaporated before starting back up. No fires!!!
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                X