Quattro Sport exhaust manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quattro Sport exhaust manifold

Does anybody know if the Quattro Sport exhaust manifold is a direct replacement on a Coupe ABY?
    I have to buy an exhaust manifold, my plan was to get the RS2 one, but if this one is as easy to install it could be a nice Christmas present.
    94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

how much power u want? ur betterof gettin the rs2 exhaust manifold.
    What turbo u thinking of gettin?
    the sportwuattro exhaust manifold i for monster power.
    Mark has fitted this to his car. He could tell u more.

Habib

Comment

Fitting the sport quattro ex-manifold to an ABY does involve a bit of work as the turbo is placed into a different location i.e. further to the right of the engine bay, so you will need to have a new downpipe made up.
      What turbo are you using with it?
      You need to be aware also that the audi made manifold comes with a K27 turbo flange 60mm, the manifold that I have fitted is the MTM designed and cast manifold this is available with either a 60mm flange like the audi one or a 50mm flange to accept the K26 hot side, you could then use this with an RS2 or 26/27 type turbo. The MTM version also has a slightly different runner configuration to the Audi part and more metal around the areas prone to cracking in the original.
      The only problem is, as with all things MTM (or is it their dealers?) this is more expensive than the Audi manifold.

Heres a picture to show the difference in location and downpipe.

Cheers,

Mark.
      Attached Files
      Mark - Modded

Comment

I am using an RS2 turbo, but because I have to buy a new Exhaust Manifold and "you never know" I think the upgrade to the Sport Quattro or MTM could be fine for any future work, but only if no extra work is needed.

Thanks

Comment

Rafael,

since you have to buy the new RS2 ex-manifold it is of course right you take into consideration buying directly one that could allow further output increases.
          As for the fitting point for the turbine, it will result positioned in a different way which will require some mods both in the downpipe (but you may want to have a 3" SS custom made anyway) and on the intake side (probably needing to get rid of the original airbox).
          Flange should be different (bigger) than the one of RS2 turbine, which will at least require some mods on the manifold itself (but I wouldn't do radical changes on a cast iron item) or adding a "reducing" flange to fit it.
          May need a bit of thinking about it, but could be a not bad idea at all.

Marco

Comment

P.S.

Mark, how much did your MTM header cost?

Comment

MTM in their web says 1600 Euros but I have quoted a price to them by mail.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spanish
                MTM in their web says 1600 Euros......

:eek2:

Comment

Marco,

too fecking much!!

Mr Collins at QST will sell you one for £1000 + VAT:eek2: :eek2:

Mark.
                  Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                  X