Got VAG codes need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got VAG codes need help!!

Hi all, Merry christmas and happy new year!!!

well i took my S2 Avant into local Audi dealer for a diagnostic, got the print out, but of coarse its all in Spanish but i will do my best to translate it.

5 errors detected 2,2l R5 MOTR RHV HS D01

1. 00525 003 Sonda lambda G39, no signal, somtimes.

2. 00561 013 adaptation of the mix?, does not stop at the limit of adaptation.

3. 00544 027 boost excided maximum, signal not plausible, somtimes.

4. 00561 014 adaptation of the mix?, surpased the limit of adaptation.?

5. 00513 003 Transmission of the state of motor G28, no signal.

My problem is an intermitant one that is extremely annoying, I get a sharp loss of power sometimes around the 3,500rpm to 4,900rpm range once it starts doing this it will continue to do so until the engine is restarted and not always will it clear up then.

It never happens when the car is cold, but then i dont push it until the oil temp is off the 60 degrees point. Somedays it doesnt do it at all but it still feels quite abit slower than when i bought it back in July.
    The car was last serviced about 7 months ago according to log book and ive done about 6,000km in that time.
    It has had a new MAF fitted recently before i bought it (looks new and shiny)
    plus i have fitted a new radiator due to a crack.
    This may not be relavent but the antifreeze i have to top up about ever 2 weeks half a litre. And Engine oil Castrol GTX3 5w - 40w synthetic or Castrol RS formula (not much choice in engine oil locally) about 1 litre a month also having to top up.
    Car was running noticibly better for a couple of days after the diagnostic but then the problem re-occured and the performance is not what it should be again.

Have got a good mate who is a petrol head coming over monday to have a look but knowing where to start. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    previously owned audis:
    1987 Audi 80 1.8E
    1990 Audi 80 sport
    1989 Audi Coupe 2.2E
    Current car:
    1995 Audi S2 Avant LHD

the earth wire are gone,change it

Comment

Have a look here -

http://S2central.net/aby_ecu_codes.html

I'd say you have either an air leak in the intake tract or a leaking exhaust. Search the forum for most likely air leak locations and how to perform a pressure test.

You should clear the codes before the next test drive. The faults *might* be old...
      To clear the codes, simply pull the red coloured two-fuse holder labelled 'MOTOR' from the main fuse box. Leave it out for a minute - this kills fault memory in the ECU and causes it to start the adaptation process all over again.

If the faults come back immediately then the faults are current. You can ignore 00513 if the engine is OFF when codes are pulled.

Suggest you renew the Lambda probe unless you know a fresh one is fitted - This could be causing your adaptation problems - but so could an exhaust leak. Only replace th lambda probe with a genuine VAG or Bosch item - not a cheap alternative.

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar
        the earth wire are gone,change it
        Yes - could also be fault in wiring to the lambda sensor of course !!!!

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

This and the sharp loss of power is overboost protection.
          Check small hose from the turbo to the WGFV and then from there to the wastegate. Also check the wastegate diaphram, these are the same symptoms as Top Sparky was having and his diaphram was split.
          Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
          England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Thanks guys, I have not mentioned that audi said there was a leak in the exhaust also duh!!! Audi guy said it could be repaired (welded i think) quite easily. I did not realise that a leak in the exhaust before the cats could cause so much problems, also have noticed really bad fuel consumption since problem started. This will be my first thing to try Monday. Will let you know what happens after reset codes and repaired damage to exhaust system. Thanks again.
            previously owned audis:
            1987 Audi 80 1.8E
            1990 Audi 80 sport
            1989 Audi Coupe 2.2E
            Current car:
            1995 Audi S2 Avant LHD

Comment

Hi Guys, I´m Nige, SpanishS2Avant's mate, im over here on holiday for xmas and i´ve offered to try and help marcus sort a few problems. That power drop is Nasty and fells like someone stepped on the break.

I hear what you saying guys and i think some of of these problems can be sorted quickly. I´ve never worked on an Audi before just golfs, Corrados and my Leon,

so where is the lamda connector block? is it down the front left of the engine bay like on a corrado. basically sitting on the sub frame? If anyone can post a pic that would help. I´m not gonna have much time to do this as i fly back on monday

This and the sharp loss of power is overboost protection.
              Check small hose from the turbo to the WGFV and then from there to the wastegate. Also check the wastegate diaphram, these are the same symptoms as Top Sparky was having and his diaphram was split.
              location please guys, and pics would help. How servicable is the wastegate?

I also thought i´d have a good check around all the earth straps on the car, I take it there are about 3. Bonnet, Gear box and Head/inlet manifold. ?

Vac pipe from the ECU to the intake manifold, anyone got any idea how long that should be, is it 1m exactly?

Basically im just gonna check what i know from my corrado days. but any help would be great.

thanks

| MY06 SEAT Leon FR TDI | THE STORY SO FAR...
              | Kenwood MP3 Headunit | CD Changer | SmartNav | Tracker | Centre Arm Rest | "LEON" Sill Guards | Headlamp Protectors | Cupra Mats | Fabia Rear Wiper |Road Angel 2 |Cupra R Lower Strut Brace | Boot Install | Cupra R Black Roof |Aero Wipers|
              | Previously : German Spec 92 G60 JET LHD, Mk2 Golf Cab, Fiesta 1.4s

Comment

Originally posted by g60jet
                so where is the lamda connector block?
                Connector block for the Lambda probe sits around the top of the passenger side (LHD, nearside) suspension turret. Easy to trace it, just follow the cable from the probe located on the downpipe behind the turbo and you'll spot it.
                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

g60jet hope you get this sorted b4 you fly back where abouts in leicester are you
                  94 s2 avant
                  aoc member 1116

Comment

on on the west side out in the villages towards desford etc..I´ll never post my exact location on here tbh

| MY06 SEAT Leon FR TDI | THE STORY SO FAR...
                    | Kenwood MP3 Headunit | CD Changer | SmartNav | Tracker | Centre Arm Rest | "LEON" Sill Guards | Headlamp Protectors | Cupra Mats | Fabia Rear Wiper |Road Angel 2 |Cupra R Lower Strut Brace | Boot Install | Cupra R Black Roof |Aero Wipers|
                    | Previously : German Spec 92 G60 JET LHD, Mk2 Golf Cab, Fiesta 1.4s

Comment

Some progress has been made!
                      G60jet (Nige) and i spent a few hours checking & cleaning lots of contacts using contact cleaner. We found the hole in the exhaust system that Audi dealer told me about it is small and getting it repaired tommorrow. hole is actually on the back of the cat as far as i can tell will post pic.
                      Checked the lambda sensor it is new and clean so G60jet tells me cleaned it anyway.
                      Checked visually for air leaks as best we could.
                      Checked spark plugs (aluminium) look in good nic.
                      Reset the ECU (pulled fuses) and we took her out for a 30 min test drive fingers crossed.
                      Well car felt alot quicker through the gears pulling really well did varied route of urban streets and busy duel carriage way and a almost empty toll road lots of hills, no sign of the kangerooing, car felt very positive got 220 kmph up hill with strong head wind.

Has been 3 days now without any signs of the sharp power loss but im not getting my hopes up just yet, still gonna replace the following when time/money allows just incase.
                      WG diaphragm, TBV/DV - Throttle Bypass Valve - 06A 145 710 N, Intercooler O-ring, N75/ WGFV 034 906 283 K.

If anyone has any other reccommended parts to replace incase they are worn out let me know.
                      Attached Files
                      previously owned audis:
                      1987 Audi 80 1.8E
                      1990 Audi 80 sport
                      1989 Audi Coupe 2.2E
                      Current car:
                      1995 Audi S2 Avant LHD

Comment

Mark H modification if you're doing the O ring - you might aswell
                        Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                        England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by g60jet
                          on on the west side out in the villages towards desford etc..I´ll never post my exact location on here tbh
                          we will have to meet up im in broughton astley
                          94 s2 avant
                          aoc member 1116

Comment

hi everybody!

i`m not very smart.... but what is:

1) N75/ WGFV (034 906 283 K)
                            2) WG diaphragm

maybe i can change those too!

greetz Erik (NL)
                            Life`s too short to go slow!!!!

Comment