upgrade engine to rs2 technick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade engine to rs2 technick

i have aby engine in my s2. i would like to upgrade the engine to adu engine first. Then i will upgrade engine to about 400-450hp.
    So what i need to upgrade inside the engine?
    I am playnin to change pistons and its rings (adu pistons)...
    Do i have to upgrade all connecting rods? What about chamsaft?
    and connecting rod bearing shell lower?

thanks !!
    Audi Coupe S2 1993
    Audi V8 4.2 1993
    Audi cabrio 1998

I do belive you may be in for a nice suprise! I think (and emphasise on think!) they share the same bottome end! So pistons con rods crank etc are all the same but wait untill some one with a bit more know than me confirms this also?
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Valjo,
      I had the chance to take a close look to either 3B, ABY and RS2 pistons that should be the same. Cannot tell for sure about connrods at the moment (although AUDI part nubers seem to be the same). To have your ABY at full RS2 specs and able to run up to 360-380 hp and 530-550 Nm of torque you need:

- K24 7200 turbocharger (RS2's K26, for extence);
      - RS2 exhaust manifold;
      - RS2 exhaust cam;
      - RS2 injectors (Bosch green ones or others of comparable flow);
      - Nice ECU chipping;
      - Possibly RS2 intercooler.

Over that output there are other upgrades that need to be done:

Over 550 Nm peak torque it seems the time to start worrying about conrods;
      then you'll need at least a bigger than RS2 turbocharger, uprated fuelpump, injectors, maybe MAF (which is told to start having problems over 420 hp) and of course a new ECU remap. At over 550 Nm peak torque some issues with knock start happening even with 98 ron fuel, so that either lower ignition advance, lower compression ratio, higher ron fuel, water injection, might be needed.... together with a healthy wallet, of course

Marco

Comment

Working...
      X