water in rear drivers side passenger footwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in rear drivers side passenger footwell

i have read a few of the threads and just wanted to confirm possibilities of heater matrix, blocked drainage (under bonnet), water leak to rear lights and door/window seals. I have covered the car with a car cover and still there seems be fresh water coming in. I have not noticed any reduction in water levels, but cant say i have really kept a eye on it, but surely i would get a warning if this was the case.

Was gonna sell but i needs to address a few problems first.

Any ideas??

I had the same problem, and for me the problem was that the grommet for the hood-cable was broken, so the water came in there instead of going in the drain, and it followed the el-cable-gate to the rear footwell! Hope you find the source! really a headake issue with water-leak! good luck!

Vegard

Comment

as you say that i remember a while back my bonnet cable snapped and a mechanic patched it back for me, maybe the damage was done then. Thanks for the tip i will have a peek

Comment

I had problems with water too. Turns out the drainage from the HVAC wasn't attached. Filled the whole pass side with water. If the ECU has been removed lately, this could be it. If so, easy fix...

Comment

sorry, what is the HVAC, anyone care to clarify?

Comment

Take a look in the HVAC forum. Here.
            SS

Comment

Originally posted by andys2
              sorry, what is the HVAC, anyone care to clarify?
              Heating. Ventillation, Air Con

sure thats right

*EDIT* 4WHEELDRIFTER beat me to it

Comment

Working...
              X