s6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s6

are the engines the same as s2 it's the facelift 100 shape. are they aby same as the s2 avant just wondering for power increase chips etc
    1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
    2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
    3. H & R SPRINGS
    4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
    5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
    6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
    7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
    8. fmic fitted

Originally posted by topsparky
    are the engines the same as s2 it's the facelift 100 shape. are they aby same as the s2 avant just wondering for power increase chips etc
    S6 got AAN engine. Mostly same as ABY except IM.

Comment

cheers mate
      1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
      2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
      3. H & R SPRINGS
      4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
      5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
      6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
      7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
      8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ
        The AAN was the predecessor to the ABY and sits half way between the 3B and the ABY in terms of development.

It has an earlier version of the direct ignition system than the ABY, but still runs a distributor which I gather can be a pain to adjust.

Cheers n

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt
          The AAN was the predecessor to the ABY and sits half way between the 3B and the ABY in terms of development.

It has an earlier version of the direct ignition system than the ABY, but still runs a distributor which I gather can be a pain to adjust.

Cheers n

Si
          The '92 AAN did indeed have the dizzy but after that it is the same spec as the ABY (except it's fitted in a better car ) and the front facing inlet manifold.
          Corey
          01636 822288

Comment

accoriding to performance data aan engine has maximum torqe 350, meanwhile aby has 380(overboost) . i guess then that ann dont have overboost function, it may have also lower orignal boost limit? could anyone correct me, if i am wrong......
            Audi Coupe S2 1993
            Audi V8 4.2 1993
            Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Originally posted by valjo
              accoriding to performance data aan engine has maximum torqe 350, meanwhile aby has 380(overboost) . i guess then that ann dont have overboost function, it may have also lower orignal boost limit? could anyone correct me, if i am wrong......
              Consider yourself corrected. The AAN does indeed have the overboost.

You can clearly see it working on a (analogue) boost gauge.
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

Yes urs4/s6 have overboost, as mentioned only a few early 92's have the dizzy setup, almost all dont.

One thing i dont like on our s4 is the intercooler, much smaller than the S2 item.

Mark.
                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
                  One thing i dont like on our s4 is the intercooler, much smaller than the S2 item.
                  Easily sorted

http://www.034motorsport.com/product...roducts_id=218
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Corey

This won't work with UK 100 S4s! The US versions have a different, deeper front bumper. Although it may work with the S6 bumper.
                    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

It should fit, I am looking into it.
                      Corey
                      01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ
                        and sump aswell ,im using aan converted to aby in my car

btw s4/s6 (aan) has small IC ,and its p.i.t.a. to put bigger IC in this car
                        Typ 85 V8 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
                          The '92 AAN did indeed have the dizzy but after that it is the same spec as the ABY (except it's fitted in a better car ) and the front facing inlet manifold.
                          "Consider yourself corrected." AAN's NEVER had a distributor. The EARLIEST AAN's had an intake camshaft driven hall-effect type sensor at the back of the head. The gear at the end has VERY fine teeth. That is why there is no CPS behind the cam sprocket on early AAN's (like mine).

The AAN short block is the same as ABY short block, ancillary bolt-on's differ, but one is not better than the other.
                          1990 Coupe quattro 20v, no T
                          1992 S4 20v, very much so T

Comment

Originally posted by inc13
                            and sump aswell ,im using aan converted to aby in my car

btw s4/s6 (aan) has small IC ,and its p.i.t.a. to put bigger IC in this car
                            It's not to bad. It took us about ~20 hours to get this done starting from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin's S4
                              This won't work with UK 100 S4s! The US versions have a different, deeper front bumper. Although it may work with the S6 bumper.
                              If you remove the A/C condenser, your problem is solved. I might do this if I ever get a Euro front bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X