air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filter

Hi. I thought it would be nice to replace my stock airfilter for a K&N filter. However the car hesitates for about a second when accelerating and the overall impression is not convincing at all. Is there any other adjustments to be done to enjoy the benefits of a K&N filter, or dou you suggest to keep the stock one? The car is a 96 ABY coupe.
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

The oil is the filtration medium in a K&N and the cottin gauze is merely there to supprt the oil. It is very important not to over-oil them refresh the filter quite repularly with a thorough clean and re-oil. The latter has been causing excessive EGTs (and good power figures) caused by our recent discovery of my faulty MAF. Where 's that 2.5 litres of IPA I acquired??
    Last edited by Lee; 16 December 2003, 02:28.
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

I wouldn't let a K & N filter anywhere near my S2 . The "maintenance free" filter actually needs more maintenance than the standard paper filter. You must clean the MAF every 6-8 weeks with a K & N. You would be far better with a standard filter which is 20% of the price.
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

I fit a standard pannal K&N about 6 months back and have had no probs? Didn't do much on a stock car to honest but hey, its only an ari filter at the end of the day! Top end reved abit freer but no masasive gains. I've had no messing arround with the MAF, nothing? Ive checked it a few times but it looks pretty much the same as when i put it in really, slighly dirter perhaps but not enough to warrant cleaning and oiling anyhow!
        Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Chamberlain
          I fit a standard pannal K&N about 6 months back and have had no probs? Didn't do much on a stock car to honest but hey, its only an ari filter at the end of the day! Top end reved abit freer but no masasive gains. I've had no messing arround with the MAF, nothing? Ive checked it a few times but it looks pretty much the same as when i put it in really, slighly dirter perhaps but not enough to warrant cleaning and oiling anyhow!
          Agreed, i've fitted a K&N Filter to my car about 3 months ago and everything is fine. There is a definate improvement in throttle response and my MAF is perfectly ok
          S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X