Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B upgrade

Hi everyone!
    I'm seriously planing to upgrade my stock S2 3B. My plan is to get the car about 350-400hp, it's gona be hard because of my pure knownledge, but as others says - if you don't try, you'll never get it!

So first of all, what parts of the stock should I replace? I mean.. turbo (what kinda turbo? RS2 turbo..?), injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, intake, intercooler.. other stuff?

Today I was browsing this forum and I noticed some interesting pics..
    So, can someone shortly tell me, for what reasons people rebuild the stock system to something like this below?

At the 2nd pic I see a blow-off.. thats sexy, but are there any other advantages for this construction?
    How about the stock DV? It stays or its gone after the reconstruction?
    I have heard, that this is bad for the MAF, this construction can damadge it.. could it be true?

I'll be happy for any information.. thanks!

Hi, people mainly move the maf to the pressure side (after turbo outlet) when fitting a massive turbo so there is no room for the maf in the stock position. It also allows fitment of an atmospheric dv.
    For the power your planning its not really necessary to do that IMO. Go for the RS2 turbo, good for about 360-370hp with the correct parts, RS2 injectors, bigger i/c, good exhaust (3"), better fuel pump.
    There are loads of threads covering this upgrade.
    Consider changing the 3b rod bearings though for Rs2 ones though!
    martin

Comment

Hey! Thanks for answer.
      So, for example, I replace my current turbo to an RS2 turbo, also the injectors, add some bigger i/c, f/p and a exhaust, do I need to regulate for example the ECU or maybe wastgate or other thigs after this upgrade?

How big should be the hooses in images above? I mean, the one, witch are going to the i/c, does it metter btw?

If I'm planing for bigger i/c, are there any parameters how big should/must it be?

Comment

dont forget you will probably also need to change the head gasket if it is a paper one currently, RS2 bearings are recommended too.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
          dont forget you will probably also need to change the head gasket if it is a paper one currently, RS2 bearings are recommended too.
          Damn it, my english is bad and should be better
          Can you describe a little more what is "head gaske" and "RS2 bearings"?

Comment

Head gasket

Bearings
            Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
            England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by BRY

Head gasket

Bearings
              Thanks, wasnt even close to my ideas or these two things!

Comment

Originally posted by lv_max
                Hey! Thanks for answer.
                So, for example, I replace my current turbo to an RS2 turbo, also the injectors, add some bigger i/c, f/p and a exhaust, do I need to regulate for example the ECU or maybe wastgate or other thigs after this upgrade?
                The ECU will need a new chip.
                Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Thanks for replays guys!
                  So, today I looked over two catalouges and I noticed that Head gasket and Bearings for 3B and ADU are the same not different.
                  What brand head gasket and bearings you sugest me to buy?

Today I looked over ebay and I found these thing:
                  intake here
                  injectors here
                  turbo here
                  exhaust here

Ideas about the above links?

Comment

turbo is a bit hefty and will need a good remap and boost probably about 4500rpm
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks for replays guys!
                      So, today I looked over two catalouges and I noticed that Head gasket and Bearings for 3B and ADU are the same not different.:
                      If you buy the parts today they are the same, however, when the 3B was produced it had a non-metal head gasket and the bearing shells were weaker. These should be upgraded if you are going for more power. The 3B head gasket is likely to blow if you move to RS2 spec.
                      91 Modded 3B
                      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Hmm....that exhaust manifold looks familiar. There are a few identical designs on eBay at the moment.
                        91 Modded 3B

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                          turbo is a bit hefty and will need a good remap and boost probably about 4500rpm
                          Hmm.. as I understand, that turbo is not realy an RS2. Or it is? What turbo comes as a default in RS2? KKK... ?

p.s. remap is ECU re-programming?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH
                            If you buy the parts today they are the same, however, when the 3B was produced it had a non-metal head gasket and the bearing shells were weaker. These should be upgraded if you are going for more power. The 3B head gasket is likely to blow if you move to RS2 spec.
                            So then I need to upgrade the stock head gasket to an metalic one. Brand? What you sugest me?
                            And what brand bearing should I chose for my RS2 coupe project?

Comment

So then I need to upgrade the stock head gasket to an metalic one. Brand? What you sugest me?
                              And what brand bearing should I chose for my RS2 coupe project?
                              Head gasket set - Victor Reinz. That's what you get from Audi anyway.

Bearings - OEM or aftermarket, both appear to be manufatured by Glyco. (Federal Mogul)

HTH
                              91 Modded 3B

Comment

Working...
                              X