Recon turbo - prices??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leigh,

Don't forget to order the two gaskets for the oil pipes. These should be fitted without any sealant.
    You'll also need the manifold to turbo, turbo to downpipe and a wastegate to downpipe gasket too

Don't misplace the four big turbo to exh manifold nuts, they're magnesium alloy and probably cost a good few £££..

Good luck buddy, there's a few difficult to get at nuts and bolts as part of this job.

Steve.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Thanks for the support - moral & technical. I'm off to Switzerland for a hol next week so I should be ready to get going on my return.

That's if I don't kill myself mountainbiking down the Alps or Snowboarding on the glacier under the Matterhorn.............life is so EXTREME

That's why I drive a (grandad) Avant
      Last edited by Dr H; 9 July 2003, 22:39.
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Costs....

Leigh, yeah i'd be interested to know why QST was £150 more. As you say maintaining the high cost of quattro ownership.

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I can just see you belting down the mountain now - in your comfortable grey slacks, slippers, tweed jacket and flat cap.

And when you've made it back from the hospital, limping cause of the plaster cast, do you go for Pepsi Max, or a brewski? Hell, no, it's gotta be horlicks for you, cause damn, that IS extreme (like, have you tasted the stuff? Ugh)

Have a good holiday mate.

Odds are I *still* won't have my car back or know how much they are gonna charge me (2 cancelled book ins - not ordered parts, they ordered parts in, wrong parts, had car over 2 weeks now and still no sign. Wonder if they have had it done all this time and just like me to squirm in their courtesy polo thing

PJ
          'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Top signature file PJ

You really are wasted on this forum, u should be writing some comedy scripts for the beeb or something!

David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Paul

If he still has your car, I'd demand the use of the S2 he has on his forecourt as a courtesy car.

It's only fair........

Leigh

Comment

Calm before the storm.

Heh - found out today - he was on it last night fixing the heated seat and ripped the leather.

So... don't know when the car is coming back now. This feckin Polo only gives 300 to a tank as well. Saying that, I did have to thrash it to the red line in every gear to keep up with tranny vans, milk floats, disabled 3 wheel chairs etc.

Strange that I am so calm. If you never hear from me again then know that I have flipped and strangled someone, and am doing time in a cell with someone called 'Bubba', who has made me his bitch.

:eek2:
                'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

LOL

Don't forget the Vaseline m8 :wacked:
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Re: Calm before the storm.

Originally posted by APNess
                    Mods: genuine mahogany brakes, paint job by messrs hammerite and dulux, 8000bhp chip by AMD as verified by their 'special rollers' - the ones that make Audi TT drivers think their cars are fast, sore **** from being butt fooked by too many cowboy garages claiming that my wiper blades need replacing and it's an engine out job taking 4 months at £350 an hour + vat, and an air freshener dangling from my mirror that smells like cat piss, yet the only cats I have smell like rotten eggs. Rear window mist inducer - yes you read that right, spare water carried inside the rear light clusters, courtesy of ingenious Audi design (obviously a Citroen engineer was in that week on exchange), special mention to the **** who took fuse 24 out with me thinking the car was 'slow but normal' for a year after (try taking it out and see what I mean), and also super special thanks to the tightass who got a hole in the dump valve and blagged it up with silicon sealant - wherever you are, previous owner, rot in Hades. Love Paul XXX

ROTFLMFAO m8

:nana:
                    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                    info@MRCTuning.com
                    Workshop Directions

Comment

APness are you a comic writer or just pissed car owner ?

Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

PJ

Don't you think you should send 'bubba' round to deal with Mr Underwood Mind you having met both you and Mr Underwood if I was him I'd be worrying a bit at the moment - your 6ft 4 frame makes his 5ft 5 look like the loosing side if it came to an argument.

Does he realise how much a leather seat cover is going to cost him:eek2: maybe 'bubba' will force him to make a gimp mask with the old seat cover:wacked:

Keep calm.

Leigh
                        Last edited by Dr H; 10 July 2003, 22:03.

Comment

Working...
                        X