• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil

Hi.
    First of all: Happy Birthday to Ant.
    Than: Happy New Year to you all.
    Than: tell me what oil you say the best is for the S2. I used to buy Castrol RS 10-W60 for my earlier cars. I wonder what you use. Mine has 94tkm and is a 96 aby-no mods yet.
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Keep on using the Castrol RS

Marco

Comment

Ok, you know, we have also Castrol RS , but quality of it isn't as best as in other countries. What do you think about using Valvoline 10w60 ?

And one thing more, I always wondered what difference is between Castrol RS and Castrol TWS ? Is it worth to change RS for TWS?
      OOOO

www.AudiKlub.org - the oldest and biggest Audi Club in Poland :thumbs:

Comment

oil

Leo,
        there is a sad amount of truth in what you said about quality problems of RS oils. Very sadly, in certain stores-like the TESCO in Hungary- the RS is a **** quality Turkish fake therefore we should be careful before giving out the big money for this quite costly product. Anyway, I consider RS the best one cause it is thick enough also when it is hot in the engine. And sometimes it is hot. I dont have experience with Valvoline but the popular Mobil 1 synthetic 10-W50 gave a lower oil pressure at iddle when at working temperature.
        Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

By the way, how can I put my cars picture beside my flag and name?
          Gabor

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
            By the way, how can I put my cars picture beside my flag and name?
            HERE : edit options

at the bottom of the site
            OOOO

Comment

Ive got some of the millers CFS 10W/60 to try now. So once i get time to do the oil change in the next week or two will let you know what its like.

Greg
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

on this subject whats good for gearbox and diff

thanks marty

Comment

I use the same as Greg. I have just put in Millers CFS Competition 10W60 engine oil. Pressure when hot at idle went up from 2 bar to about 2.5 bar, The engine is actually quieter now. I guess my tappets are appreciating the change!! I was using Synta Gold before then and I do an oil/filter change every 5k miles.

I am also waiting for a price on Millers CRX 80W-140 Competiiton Gear oil. Millers do various versions (inc 80W90, LSD oils etc) and this one should be fine with the torsen diffs and is much better suited to the high contact pressures on the gear teeth in motorsport gearboxes. I'll give it a go when I get some and let you know how it is.

Also heard only good things about Castrol RS 10W60. Quite a few people use it in their modified motors. Can't comment on the various qualities experienced in various countries. Is it worth importing from somewhere more trusting? I am sure many UK companies will ship abroad and I wouldn't have expected the shipping charges to be that high.

Lee

PS I recently fitted my Fumoto drain valve. Lovely piece of kit and highly recomended for simplifying oils changes!
                  1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                  Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                    ... (cut)

PS I recently fitted my Fumoto drain valve. Lovely piece of kit and highly recomended for simplifying oils changes!
                    Can You please describe and give a picture of this? I'm very courious, what is it?
                    OOOO

Comment

Look here Leo:

Link to Fumoto thread

How much did you guys pay for your Millers oil? And it was 5 litres wasn'y it?
                      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

www.fumotovalve.com. get the one with a nipple to allow attachment of a drain pipe. T-207N from memory. Quite cheap and really convenient. Also useful if you are planning an oil catch tank mod. It was also discussed in a recent thread but I haven't looked for it yet. I forgot to take a pic!!

Lee

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                          Look here Leo:

Link to Fumoto thread

Thanx Doug!

AFAIK Millers oil costs about £30 (5 l.)
                          OOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                            Look here Leo:

Link to Fumoto thread

Doug, you found it! I was slow typing my post so I didn;t see your reply.

I bought a box of 4 tubs and Greg got 2. Retail from PTS was 30 quid +VAT for 5 litres but we got a bit of a discount for buying 6 tubs. We saved a fiver per tub.

If you pop into Millers' fuel outlet you can get it there at trade prices. Check their website for its location. Group buy from PTS too??

http://www.millersoils.net/index2.html

I would be interested in a group buy on gearbox oil if someone can organise it. I am mega busy in work at the moment!!

Happy New Year by the way!!

Designun Limited....

Comment

Ooops wrong link earlier for Fumoto. Sorry. www.fumotovalve.com

Designun Limited....

Comment

Working...
                              X