No announcement yet.

AFR, VE for turbo calcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg: I would sugest GT3071R. You will ge 420HP no problem. The map is wider and the spoolup will be faster.

AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Yeah I was looking at that yesterday. ive done a few calculations which I have attached. Im not sure how good they are. let me know what you think. Was gonna do the 2871R but havent had a chance yet.

Ive been fairly conservative on some of the figures though.
      Attached Files
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Nice sheet greg.
        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
        High Octane website

Comment

Really Nice !!

Comment

Was going to try and resurrect this and do some more calculations, has anyone tried the 2876R turbo also? From calcs so far the 2871R looks good for about 350hp max
            Greg

Comment

Good to see my trusty old calculator is still being exercised !

I was hoping to find some time soon to revisit the old 'turbology' paper and spruce up the calculator. Anybody got anything special they would like covered ?

I was planning on adding a section on injector sizing, and the related maths behind all that stuff.

Paul
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

The 2871R has the same compressor as the 3071r so both flow 450hp easy on the compressor. At least the version i have does. The more restrictive turbine on the 28 holds it back to 420 bhp ish.... . Im aiming for 400 crank HP on the 2871 on lpg.

Comment

Which lpg system are you using?
                  Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                  England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Yea there is a 48 and a 56 trim 2871. The 56 will do more with its 53mm inducer.

Comment

Its a top notch setup made just for high performace cars. 10 ultra fast gas injectors and 2 vapourisors. Can get you details if you want. I will be installing it in the next few weeks. Its om my urs4. Car will come back on the road with new Konis + EBachs, bushes, HP2 brakes, New carbon clutch, metal gasket, Rs2 manifold and petrol injectors, proper intercooler etc And the gas. Should be a bit of a upgrade

Comment

Des,

Do you have any RR plots of the 2871 you are using? boost etc and details of the turbo
                        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                          Des,

Do you have any RR plots of the 2871 you are using? boost etc and details of the turbo
                          Greg see Kalsket posts on the 2871

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...?t=5297&page=6

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=13585&page=3

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                            Yea there is a 48 and a 56 trim 2871. The 56 will do more with its 53mm inducer.
                            034 recommend a 2871 or 3071 with the 0.63 AR hotside.

You can use the 0.82 but the benefits are not worth it on the turbo range until you get to size of GT30R ( 3076 )

Comment

cheers jamo, I looked for it before but couldnt find it
                              Greg

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                                Its a top notch setup made just for high performace cars. 10 ultra fast gas injectors and 2 vapourisors. Can get you details if you want. I will be installing it in the next few weeks. Its om my urs4. Car will come back on the road with new Konis + EBachs, bushes, HP2 brakes, New carbon clutch, metal gasket, Rs2 manifold and petrol injectors, proper intercooler etc And the gas. Should be a bit of a upgrade
                                LPG you say - I've been thinking about that recently - saw a nice S8 going very cheaply and thought if a nice LPG conversion was viable on engines such as that it could be quite cheap to run.

Must catch up with you sometime and you can educate me in the ways of LPG - it seems to have come a long way since the early days. I know a guy running it on a Beemer 740 and he raves about it... But the big gas bottle in the boot still freaks me out !

Paul
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X