Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mihnea or any power Gurus

My Plan

S2 Avant ABY with hopefully less that 130k, If you are selling in Feb March drop me a line.

Mihnea's turbo K26/K27/K29
    RS2 Exhaust manifold
    RS2 Injectors
    RS2 or 7a exhaust cam
    RS2 Intercooler
    3 Bar Map sensor
    Custom Exhaust with no cats
    Cone filter of some sort
    And any bits I have forgot to mention.

Mihnea re-map if possible but I live 50 miles north of Aberdeen so this may cause a problem

I am looking at 1.8 bar peak with 1.6bar at red line, if the turbo is capable of flowing that amount. Not sure if the injectors are big enough for this though?

Where will this turbo spool up at roughly, 2500-2800 would be good but ? it may be to big for that, also what kind of power am I looking at with this set up.

I have done loads of searches on here but the info seems to be spread about.

Any help / thoughts / criticism would be appreciated

This car will be a daily driver by my wife on the school run so needs to be tractable and easy to drive in traffic.

Paul
    S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Hi Paul,

The KKK26/27/29 gives full boost at 4200 RPM if it is the one with the #8 hot side. If you want more low-end grunt, I can supply you a K26/27 with a #8 hot side, it's good for about 400 HP and starts making boost around 3500 RPM but you'll need a 5 Bar fuel pressure regulator as well as a Bosch motorsport fuel pump.... Boost can go as high as 1.9 Bar peak and 1.3-1.4 at redline, possibly a bit more but it all depends on how efficient the turbo will be at those boost levels....

Where's Aberdeen? I really have no clue... Anyway, if you get everything installed before one of my next comings to the UK, we can sort that out with no problem.

HTH,

Mihnea
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea thanks for ur reply

well thats that out the window, I was looking for 400bhp but i really like a responsive car. I must have got confused somewhere along the way when searching through the posts.

What kind of turbo do I need (?? standard RS2 turbo may be) for power to start @ say 3k and what sort of max bhp, torque can i expect.

I will add a 5bar FPR and Bosch pump to my list of goodies.

Aberdeen is well up the country. Roughly 220 miles North from Glasgow and then another 50 milesw North for me.

Paul

Comment

I've just found Banff on a map :eek2: ****, that's a long way
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

i thought Banff was in Canada?!
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

My Great Uncle Arthur was the coastguard in Banff for many many years. Lovely part of the world. Sorry, that was off topic!

Get your butt down south when Doug does next if you want treatment for your car. Why not use NoS for lag compensation at low revs? Not much required but it would just provide oxidiser when the turbo can't deliver the air pressure and flowrates at low engine revs.

Has been done by many and used to be a good trick on Cossies to give them a decent power band when fitted with monster turbos.
            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Yeah it is a long way but i don't stay in the Canada 1

Been in Banff for years but never met the coast gaurd.

looking @ Dougs motor, some tool, 420bhp should be awesome

thought about nos years ago when running cossies but getting refills a pain up here.

I think i may go the RS2 Turbo route with what i can work out that should give me 370bhp with decent spool up.

Need to sell the Evo and find a good S2 first though.

Paul

Comment

Paulm: Why selling EVO5 ? Just need a slipper-wagon mobile or just tired of japans ?
                Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Paul,

The RS2 turbo route involves the following parts:

RS2 turbo
                  RS2 EM
                  RS2 injectors or similar (I can get you a set that flows 9% more at the same rail pressure for a bit less than the RS2 ones)
                  7A or RS2 exhaust cam
                  RS2 IC.
                  Good exhaust

I think that with that setup we can do 365-370 HP and about 550/600 Nm of torque....

The RS2 turbo makes full boost around 2600-2800 RPM in the higher gears, and a bit higher than that in the lower ones....

HTH,

Mihnea

Originally posted by Paulm
                  Yeah it is a long way but i don't stay in the Canada 1

Been in Banff for years but never met the coast gaurd.

looking @ Dougs motor, some tool, 420bhp should be awesome

thought about nos years ago when running cossies but getting refills a pain up here.

I think i may go the RS2 Turbo route with what i can work out that should give me 370bhp with decent spool up.

Need to sell the Evo and find a good S2 first though.

Paul
                  '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

Damn! That's my configuration...

Can I have question too? Is there a difference in ECU programs for 3B (like mine) and ABY ?

Mihnea, can I ask You via PM or email?
                    OOOO

www.AudiKlub.org - the oldest and biggest Audi Club in Poland :thumbs:

Comment

Of course you can ask me Leo

Supposedly the 3B can't go as high as an ABY due to the weakness in the ignition system but this has to be proved yet... Tom's car runs now perfectly and I can't really say that his ignition system has any weakness...

I can tune your car with no problems, but first off you have to make sure you have ABY/ADU rod bearings installed, as well as the metal head gasket, otherwise it's way too risky...

Cheers,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                      info@MRCTuning.com
                      Workshop Directions

Comment

Sweeper, The EVO is just to extreem, it is go-cart solid feels like there is no suspension.

There is quite alot of wind and road noise, so when traveling there is very little conversation in the car, then u have the kids saying turn up the music dad as we can't hear it so the noise gets worse.

It is far to in ur face and every1 clocks it all the time, so if u do something stupid u r very noticeable. everytime u park it somewhere u expect to walk home as it is bound to get nicked sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong it is a very good car and as fast as u like, but it looks like I am getting old or something i want the same speed but in a more comfortable relax environment.

+ the Avant will be very handy for my new addition to the family a Jack Russell terrier. can't really put it in the boot of the evo it would not see where it was going only joking.

Mihnea thanks for the info I see where i am going with the tuning on my S2 now and what i need to get there.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X