Fuel lines.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel lines.....

The metal fuel lines from the tank to the injector rail....

Is this one long line or is this in several pieces??

I cant see any joins where it, but am hoping that there are, save me having to get a v long braided line to replace it.....
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

mine is a long plated steel tube for most of the way and a short braided hose to the fuel rail. This is on a 20V non turbo. It wouldn't be braided all the way. It would be too expensive even for Audi......

Comment

it is a solid metal line all the way then braided at the end.... but for certain reasons, i need to replace the feed one i think.... unless i can find an alternative way around it....

My question was is that metal pipe one long piece or several pieces?

Was going to replace with braided, because could never get a single pipe to fit with all the bends etc.... that make sense?
      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I'm sure that it is one piece. I make my fuel lines, you need to buy some kunifer pipe of the right size and a pipe flaring tool ( about £15) then just bend the pips by hand or use a small pipe bending tool or a form such as a broom handle. Tin of baked beans etc. You can also drill a hole ina bit of wood and then use that to get a soft bend on your pipe. Tubing is available from engineering suppliers etc. or classic car shows.

D.

Comment

it would be stupid just to use braided flexi hose all the way to the tank on a standard car since the rigid pipe wont flex etc like the braided hose and so is better suited for most of the run to the fuel tank along the body
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

The problem is that due to a previous mod that i have now removed (NOS) I had to take a feed from the fuel line and after lots of investigation the only option i came to was to cut a small piece out of the metal fuel line above where the brake fluid resevoir is....

Now the kit is removed i now have a big gap there, so have bodged it up for the moment with a length of fuel hose jubilee clipped on at both ends, but this keeps working its way loose and leaking fuel....

Im wanting a more permanent and improved solution.... any ideas please?
            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

try having a look thru the speedflow catalogue or giving them a call. Im sure they will be able to point you in the right direction
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Ant, if you can get your grubby hands on a pipe flaring tool then flare both ends of the pipe. I think I can remeber the bit of pipe you mean. Once flared use some rubber hose and some proper fuel hose clips, not jubilee clips. These stay round and have a higher clamping force. Try that.

Otherwise its gonna be a trip to a scrapy as that is one piece.

HTH
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

S2 Ant,

A cheap and low tech solution.. Go to a plumbers merchant, show them the pipe and they will sell you a double ended joint to suit. You slip the compression ring over the pipe, put the olive onto the pipe, push the pipe into the joint, and then bolt it up, do the same for the other end of the pipe.

Job done, the joint should cost about £2, If you have a big chunk missing then some micro bore central heating pipe may suit. Have a chat with the plumbers, they are used to linking all sorts of things together. give them a challenge.

D.

Comment

Working...
                  X