What crankshaft bearings do You use ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What crankshaft bearings do You use ?

I’m building a new engine and want to use relay strong components. What brand crankshaft accessories do You use ? I'm specialy interested in crankshaft bearings. But alsow in:

26 is connecting rod bearing shell yellow/violet
    24 is thrust washers bearing 4
    23 is bush - connecting rod

25 is crankshaft bearings

My goal is 550KM and want to build really strong base for it. I will use a new line of Garrett turbos a model called GT35R (GT35/40) turbo for it

What needs to be changed in cylinder block to make it sufficient for that power and maybe more if I use Nitro later on.
    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

I've just bought Glyco shells for my 3B rebuild. I know of at least two 5cyl Audis that are running these with over 500bhp without any problems.
    They come in at about £150 GBP for the mains and big ends. They include built-in thrust washers.
    If you'd like the part numbers for the standard shells I'll dig them out. . You shouldn't need to do anything to the block for that sort of output. Standard pistons are also good for over 500bhp. If you're looking at that sort of output the rods will need to be replaced with something stronger than OE. These will already have the little end (wrist pin) bush fitted. Carrillo, Verdi, Pauter, Arrows etc. make rods for the 5 cyl.

HTH
    Steve
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH
      I've just bought Glyco shells for my 3B rebuild. I know of at least two 5cyl Audis that are running these with over 500bhp without any problems.
      They come in at about £150 GBP for the mains and big ends. They include built-in thrust washers.
      If you'd like the part numbers for the standard shells I'll dig them out.

If it would be posible for You to dig them out that would be grate. Do they have a www page that I could order them at ?

You shouldn't need to do anything to the block for that sort of output. Standard pistons are also good for over 500bhp. If you're looking at that sort of output the rods will need to be replaced with something stronger than OE. These will already have the little end (wrist pin) bush fitted. Carrillo, Verdi, Pauter, Arrows etc. make rods for the 5 cyl.

HTH
      Steve
      I'm aware that I need to change rods. I will change rods and pistons while doing the conversion. I also got a audisport crank to go with that.

Thank's for replay.
      AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Where did you get such a audi sport crank albert ? if i may ask ?

Is it lighter than the original one? i guess the original ABY crank will also do about 550 HP?

Cheers Cees

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_RsBlueS2
          Where did you get such a audi sport crank albert ? if i may ask ?

Is it lighter than the original one? i guess the original ABY crank will also do about 550 HP?

Cheers Cees
          I got it from my motor spor part supller ...

it is forged and specialy balanced ... has a diferent color and so on ... i can actualy post a pic ... but i have to make it first

Comment

Albert,

The Glyco shells are manufactured by Federal Mogul. The part number for the standard mains are - H941/06

You can find more info at their website - http://www.federalmogul.com/cda/homepage/index

HTH,

Steve
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Thax a lot !

Comment

Working...
              X