Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock sensor tightening and EGT

Hi,

Can someone confirm for me the torque settings for the knock sensors on the S2? Just taken one off to fit new ones and just wanted to double check its 10nm.

Or what is it if i dont have a torque wrench to hand, or not the access to.

Just taken WG to replace my fault EGT probe but there isnt much of my probe left, looks like it has broken off and fed itself thru the WG or turbo. I will never know which but kinda hoping it went thru the WG.

ta

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Greg, yes mate its 10Nm!

Like you said, hopefully its gone through the wastegate. If it went through the turbo, it would be ****ed, smaller stuff can make the blades shatter!
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Definetly must have gone thru the wastegate then. Turbo seems fine at the moment. Im getting worried now though. Was about 4 inches of small metal pipe stuff. Gonna get on to SPA design about it.

One thing i have noticed tho is it seems to have a slight water leak judging by colour of housing so will tighten it all up tommorow.

Just done the knock sensors. Were a little over tightened before. Replaced one with a new one just in case but the other which audi have superceeded with the same one as the other the cable is too short by about 8 inches

So gonna have to go and have words with the stealer, wasnt the easiest thing to undo and refit either.

Found a novel use for insulating tape along the way. Started noticing there was blobs of blood around the engine bay then realised i had taken a chunk out of my knuckle, insulating tape worked a treat.

Next up is fitting the snub mount, pissed off with AMD too who have been a PITA with my lowering springs
      Greg

Comment

Good job you enjoy working on ur car then isnt it Greg
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Greg,
          Ive just been looking at the pictures you posted before of the EGT probe/thermocouple it was quite long with a bend in it, was'nt it?
          It might be a good idea to check and see if it is not lodged inside the scroll of the hot side housing just to make sure.
          I know its a PITA, but if it is, and it works loose it'll probably wipe out your turbine, just a thought.

Cheers,

Mark.
          Mark - Modded

Comment

I would tell SPA that the car needs to have the turbo removed and inspected to see if that bit went into it! Get them to pay for it to be done, as its there product that has caused you this PITA. Worth a try
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Yeah i will see if i can have a feel around for it again. Was using a magnet downt he exhaust earlier to try and track anybits that could be down there but didnt find anything.

Havent got the gaskets if take the exhaust off today which is only thing, will do some inspection work though.

Greg
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X